Slytherin Pride

Author's Note:

⚠⚠⚠⚠
WARNING: This chapter contains mild profanity and swearing. Do not read if you're below 15.

Or you can read it at your own risk. As if I can stop you. 😛
⚠⚠⚠⚠

***************************
Draco entered the Slytherin common room to find Pansy and Blaise waiting for him. Pansy was furious and Blaise was muttering something to calm her down.

The rest of the Slytherins were busy discussing away the recent turn of events. They are probably scheming away again. They were Slytherins after all.

The moment they spotted Draco, there was a hushed silence.

Pansy was the first one to make a move. She strode right up to Draco and stood in front of him, barring his view of the common room, her hands folded in front of her.

"You kissed her."

It wasn't a statement. It was a question.

"Kissed who Parkinson?" Draco smirked.

"The mudblood, that's who. How could you? Since when did you go around dating trash and kissing filth? Have you no dignity left?"

"Have you?"

"What do you mean?" She asked murderously.

"Since when do you throw yourself at men, like cheap slags do?"

"How dare you!" She drew out her wand.

"That's enough Parkinson", came Blaise's voice from behind Pansy. He walked up to her wrapping his right arm around her shoulders.

"Mate! Just for once, tell her clearly why you did it."

"Is that what this is about? Parkinson, I thought you were smarter than that. You know I did it to break up the Golden Trio", Draco spoke in his usual drawl.

Blaise's mouth fell open, on hearing Draco lying shamelessly. Either that or the Malfoy was self-deluded.

"And you know it worked perfectly. The Granger girl is with Pomfrey, relying solely on the Weaselette to recover. Pothead and Weasel King are with McGonagall, one of them probably serving detention, the other whining over his Quidditch team falling apart", he announced triumphantly.

What exactly is Draco playing at?! Blaise wondered.

"Now. Are you satisfied Parkinson?" he leaned in closer and whispered.

She stiffled a sob and walked away leaving Draco and Blaise staring at each other; Draco calm and impassive, Blaise in shock and wonder.

"We need to talk", Blaise hissed, breaking the silence.

"No, we don't, Zabini", Draco drawled.

"Yes, we do", Blaise said with a finality entering the dormitory.

Draco followed behind, rubbing his temples like he was having a headache, and sat on the silken green sheets on his bed.

"You like Granger", Blaise said finally, matter-of-factly.

"Is that what you think Zabini?"

"That's not what I think Draco. That's what I know."

"Well then you're wrong."

"Quit deluding yourself mate."

Draco raised an eyebrow in reply.

Blaise sighed in exasperation.

"Look Draco, I know you've always had it difficult with words. You've always been closed up about what you feel. But you're hurting Pansy and you'll end up hurting the Granger girl if you continue.

Your I-wanna-break-up-the-Golden-Trio game is not gonna hold out for very long and you know that.

Pansy can see quite clearly it's not one of your shags anymore. Hell, entire Hogwarts can see it mate.
You need to come clean before you mess things up further."

"Except this time, I won't", he replied impassively.

"Merlin you are such a drama queen!" Blaise cried in frustration and yanked up his sleeve to reveal a faded red mark.
He held the mark in front of Draco's face

"Look at this!" cried Blaise.

Draco looked away.

"No. LOOK at this!!", Blaise continued, hovering his arm in front of Draco's face. Draco winced. He didn't want to look at the ghosts of his past.

"After all that we've been through together during the dark lord's reign, one would think you'd stop being so daft. You got us through the Carrows! The Carrows, Drake! And they were fücking insane and YOU got us through it. You got all the Slytherins through it, in spite of Snape's indifference towards us.

Now.. they may not give a knuts worth for whom you date. But they will not forgive you if you hurt one of their own, you get me?

So stop being a püssy, get your stubborn ārse out there and tell them how you bloody feel mate! Where is your Slytherin pride?"

Draco got up and gently pulled Blaise's sleeve back down, looking away from Blaise's fuming face.

"Blaise, you do realise that Granger deserves much better?" he replied casually, patting Blaise's shoulder, walking away, leaving Blaise's mouth hanging open.

Blaise took a few moments to recover after Draco left. Draco was telling the truth. He never used first names, until he was in the mood for speaking his heart out. Is that was he thought? That he wasn't good enough for Granger? Well that would have to change, wouldn't it?

"Bloody hell! Guess I'll just have to take matters into my own hands."

***************************
Author's Note:

Hi folks! Releasing the chapter at 100 comments!
Sorry for the delay. I wasn't keeping well and between my visit to the doctor and back home, the comments just shot up from 80 to like 120. 😮 OMG! Thank you so much!💖

This chapter is dedicated to

NatashaDOstroph , StarWarrior22 , rag100  and  Dstarme .

Thank you for all your support folks!

Stay tuned for the next chapter: Ravenclaw Wisdom. If you want an early release please SHARE this book with your friends, VOTE, and COMMENT!

I'll release the next chapter next Saturday (I know, I know it's tomorrow) or at 2k reads or 200 votes or 200 comments, whichever milestone is reached first.

Until next time, Happy Reading!! 😘😘