Drinks and Drunken Drama Queens

"You're going out with Malfoy?!!!" A chorus rang.

Harry looked livid and Ginny was triumphant.

"Of course I'm not going out with him Harry! He helped me with my homework and blackmailed me into getting a drink for him at The Three Broomsticks."

"I'll just take Butterbeer though", she added seeing Harry's shocked expression. "No way I'm getting drunk with him around."

"I'll standby if you want me to. You know, just in case. I'll use my cloak."

Ginny slapped Harry's arm and chided him, "Oh come on Harry stop treating her like she wasn't the one who saved your arse every minute while you were out hunting horcruxes. And you want to stand guard for her? Are you listening to yourself?" She snorted.

"Be careful Hermione", he warned her solemnly

"I'd say go for it!" Ginny nudged her arm with her elbow.

"Did Fred and George put you up to this?" Harry asked, shocked at her flippant behaviour towards Hermione going out with Malfoy.

"No, 'I' put me up to this." She said, pointing her thumb towards herself.

"Since when have you two been so interested in Malfoy though", Hermione inquired, narrowing her eyes.

"Er- since he's a Quidditch rival?" Replied Harry sheepishly unsure of how to respond

"Even since he kissed you", Ginny said dreamily.

"Oh don't even remind me of it. He probably just did it to spite Ron. He's still an insufferable bastārd if you must know. Anyway I have to go. I'll end up with a T in Potions if I don't make it up to him." Saying that, she waved them goodbye and hurried away.

**************************

The Three Broomsticks

"I can't believe I was stuck with Arithmancy. And you, you Malfoy, got it right!"

"That's what happens when you're overworked and sleep-deprived, Granger. You still want to keep the poison in your system? It's your call." He smirked,

"I guess not", she pouted, taking another swig at her Butterbeer.

Draco remained silent, sipping on his Firewhisky, waiting for her to speak.

"Bu- but. I just CAN'T sleep." She said finally, the Butterbeer fueling her nerves, that were a wreck just moments ago.

"I tried everything. I just can't sleep for more than a couple of hours. The nightmares.." she shuddered at her own thoughts and kept silent, unwilling to speak about it any further.

"Well you can either talk to me about your night-time horrors and let me help you get rid of them. Or you can continue enjoying the shows."

"How would you help?" She asked him bitterly, "They call me The Brightest Witch of our Time and I could do nothing. Nothing! I'm no good!" She slammed her mug on the table and stifled a sob.

"Granger", he said leaning in closer, "no one's denying you're a genius. Hell, if a Malfoy says it you better believe it. But you know something?" He held her hands in his, his silver orbs peering into her chocolate ones.

"Uh huh?"

"Sometimes, one great mind isn't enough. Some problems need two to solve. Remember what Slughorn said? Two is better than one", he smiled. "Here have a Firewhisky."

She nodded and smiled back.

***************************

Ten minutes and five drinks later