Cupids at Christmas Eve

Hermione was busy with overseeing the Christmas decorations along with the Headmistress and the rest of the staff.

Draco was once again indifferent towards her. No eye contact, no nothing.

Between her Head girl duties, studies and Draco's indifference, she was stretched thin.

And then, like a ray of hope Ginny barged into her dorm carrying a letter in her hand. She hoped she would get the samples so she could cook up the antidote and shove it into Ron's face.

"Merlin's bālls Hermione, you were right! You were so right."

"Is it some new Love Potion?" She asked smugly.

"No, it's much worse. It's that Love Pill", Ginny said nervously.

"I still don't get the worse part", she said, her smile faltering.

"It doesn't have an antidote."

"WHAT? Are you sure?"

"Yup. We're damn well screwed. This stuff is different. They say there's no antidote."

"This has to be a joke. EVERYTHING has an antidote!"

"Well this one doesn't!"

"How long does it last?"

"Excuse me?"

"The effects", Hermione explained impatiently, "how long?"

"I don't know. They didn't say. They only answered whatever I asked. We'll have to visit them Hermione. We have to find out. Draco hates you. Ron is a mess, though he's.."

"Wait, what makes you think Draco hates me?"

"Well at least that's what he makes it look like. Isn't it obvious?"

"Is it?"

"Of course Hermione. He's a jealous bloke. The whole of Hogwarts knows it. Funny you didn't notice."

"That's beside the point. We need to find out about the damn Pill and I can't go. There's so much to do, and..."

Ginny realised Hermione was babbling so she decided to step in and do the both of them a favour.

"Don't worry. I'll go", she offered.

"With Harry? Ginny I'm not sure that's a good idea", the Head Girl said, skeptically.

"Don't worry, I'll go with Luna", the red-head assured her friend.

"Ginny are you sure it would be safe to mention this around her."

"Oh, come on Hermione. You know Luna. Don't you trust her?"

"Of course I do."

"Then that's settled."

Ginny felt slightly guilty about not telling Hermione who she was going with, but well, at least she didn't lie.

***************************

Ginny tapped her fake galleon and sent out a message to her co-conspirators:

"LIBRARY, NOW!"

And rushed towards the library.

She reasoned it would be empty since the only person who bothered to go there, during the holidays, was now busy with her Head Girl duties.

Sure enough, she found the entire corridor deserted, Luna and Blaise outside the library.... arguing.

"Your friend cheated! Draco liked her and she went ahead and kissed the Weasel!" He almost screamed.

"You are wrong", Luna replied calmly, that dreamy smile still etched on her face, "He kissed her, and before Draco could see her resisting, he left. It's not her fault he's so jealous, he wouldn't even stop for an explanation."

"Okay, okay. We all need to calm down. Blaise, I understand Hermione was a bit off her game, not heeding Draco's warning, but it wasn't her fault Ron kissed her. They weren't even friends anymore so she couldn't have guessed. No one could have. Not even me. Besides.." she trailed off looking worried.

"Besides?" Blaise and Luna asked in chorus. Blaise looked shocked at their unison, Luna just smiled back at him.

"Well, you're not going to like it."

"Spit it out Weasley."

"It's okay Ginny no matter how bad it is, as long as we are together, we'll find a way", Luna added reassuringly, smiling at the two of them.

Blaise just twirled his wand and fidgeted with it, obviously feeling awkward after Luna's statement.

"He was under influence", Ginny informed them.

"You mean like a Love Potion. That's not a problem. We can fix up an antidote, or ask Professor Slughorn to brew one", Blaise noted.

"No this is much worse. It's a Love Pill", Ginny informed them.

"I don't get the worse part", Blaise asked, obviously confused.

"Urgh.. why does everyone say that? Blaise, it doesn't HAVE  an antidote!"

"Fuck!" Blaise started on a series of his choicest curses.

"That's what I thought", Ginny spoke smugly.

"Now what?" He asked.

"We need to go to my brothers' shop and find out everything we can about it. And we need to fix this mess."

"We can use the sixth floor passage", announced Blaise.

"Don't worry, no one knows about it." He added seeing the obvious concern on their faces at the amount of rules they were about to break "It was built after the war."

"Let's get moving then", Ginny stepped aside signalling Blaise to lead the way.

***************************

Author's Note:

I'm sorry this looks like kind of a filler chapter. But I needed this to move the plot.

This chapter is dedicated to BetheyJelena for her support!

Stay tuned for the next chapter: Pills and Powders

If you like the book, please VOTE , COMMENT and SHARE with your friends on social media! You can also FOLLOW me to get notified as soon as I update.

Until next time Happy Reading! 😘😘