Bad Blood

Hermione rushed to the cupboard immediately to gather ingredients, as well as to avoid any further conversation with the Malfoy.

When she returned to their table, she ignored the Malfoy-death-glare she was receiving, and got to work, immediately.

Fine minutes into the brewing, Draco could stand it no longer.

"Are you ignoring me, Granger?" he hissed dangerously into her ear, sending shivers up her spine.

"No I'm not" , she retorted.

"Well then" , he said snatching away the ingredients to his side, "Giving me instructions should not be a problem, should it?"

"Actually it will, since you're obviously daft at following instructions."

"Well then, you better think of a way to make me if you want an O for this Potion, and think it up fast."

What the hell? Insufferable git! He just wants to torture me!! I'll show him. Hermione thought.

"I don't negotiate with bullies and terrorists" , she hissed.

"Too bad. Looks like you're getting a Troll grade for this one. It will be interesting to see the Brightest Witch get a T."

"And so will you."

"Do I look like I care?" he said smugly, eyes glinting with an emotion Hermione couldn't recognise.

Bloody ferret! I am so going to get payback for this.

"What.do.you.want?" she breathed as low as she could, not wanting the rest of the class or the Professor to get wind of their talk.

"Two things. One, meet me at the Library 7 pm."

"Library?"

"Of course. Isn't it your favorite place? You wouldn't even have to lie to Saint Potter."

"Fine, and second?" Hermione asked, gritting her teeth furiously.

"Stop ignoring me and help me brew the Potion."

What? Malfoy asking for help? Hermione thought, completely shocked. Focus, Hermione.

"That makes three things."

"Do you want to end up with a T?"

"Fine." She said, still grinding her teeth together. "Now get me the asphodel roots, shredded."

"Sure thing Granger" , he said smirking, "Knew you couldn't resist my charm".

Hermione snorted. "Whatever helps you sleep at night Malfoy."

"Indeed", he grinned wider, at her choice of words.

Hermione rolled her eyes.

***************************

Hermione laboured for an hour an a half, brewing the Blood Replenishing Potion, following every instruction to the dot, but nothing had prepared her for the final ingredient of the Potion.

"Add a drop of blood from a fresh wound to the unicorn horn infusion and add to potion. Stir clockwise thrice, next stir anticlockwise twice. Potion turns a clear red.

Let Potion sit for half an hour for it to turn an opaque red." She read out from the blackboard.

"Here, Granger", Draco interrupted her handing her the dagger from the Potions Kit.

"What's that for? You were supposed to be helping me out Malfoy."

"Well I'm not going to cut myself for it, if that's what you think. My help only goes so far."