Epilogue

This chapter will probably go well with the song 'A thousand Years' by Christina Perri, but you don't have to. Lol.

*

The sight of Matthew in his black suit managed to knock the air out of Sharon's lungs. Her heart pounded wildly in her chest, every step she took accelerating its movement until she feared she would die of a heart attack.

Still, his eyes urged her forward, one hand holding on to the bouquet of flowers, while the other held on to Nana Lois who walked side by side with her, carrying Rosie.

Briefly, she stole a glance at Rosie and Nana Lois —the two dressed in identical peach dresses— and she could not help but feel thankful for her new family. She was blessed to have them here beside her, knowing full well that she would never be made to walk alone again. She was not only being given a new family, but a new beginning as well, one that would be strong enough to wipe the past away.

“Dada!” Rosie squealed, pointing her chubby hands at Matthew who stood at the end of the aisle.

“I think that's her way of saying it's about time,” Nana Lois giggled as they reached the end of the aisle.

“Who gives this woman away in holy matrimony?” The preacher asked, turning inquisitive brown eyes to Nana Lois.

“Oh, I do! Here, he can have here!” Nana Lois said, placing Sharon's hand in Matthew's. He made to take it, but she stopped him, maintaining her hold on Sharon's hand. “And for God's sake, Matthew, try to keep her this time?” She raised a brow in question, her eyes holding Matthew's until he nodded swiftly to her words. “Good!” She scoffed, turning to Sharon. “That goes for you too, Sharon,”

Unsure of how to respond, Sharon nodded as well, gaining herself a smile from the older woman.

“Good. Now, you two go and be happy.” She said, before turning from them and resuming her position beside Grace.

Sharon turned fully to Matthew, her heart skipping a beat at the look of complete adoration in his eyes.

“Have I told you just how much I love you, Sharon —Blondie— Freelance Steiner?” He whispered, covering the space between their bodies as his arms wrapped themselves around her waist.

She nodded, her hands settling on his chest; he had said it much more than a few times, and every single one of those times, she responded the same way.

His brushed her cheek. “I'd like to say it again,” his warm breath tickled her skin. “I would like to spend the rest of my life telling and showing you just how much I love you,” his fingers ran down her face to her neck, setting her skin on fire. “Just how much I'll always love you... No one else but you,”

She closed her eyes, his words slowing her heart as their implications sank in; he loved her, no other woman but her.

She opened her eyes once more to find him staring at her, his question hanging in the air.

Nodding, she said, “Say it.”

Leaning down, his lips hovered closely over hers, his warmth filling her with indescribable desires.

“I love you,” he whispered, kissing the top of her nose “Yesterday,” he kissed her upper lip. “Today,” he kissed her lower lip, guiding her hand to his chest and holding it captive there. “Forever,” A small smile settled on his lips as he raised her hand to it, its warmth brushing her palm. “Now, let's get married so I can kiss my bride.”

The End.

Copyright © 2016-2020 All rights reserved.

****

A/N

This has been the most exciting, emotional, inspiring journey. Thank you for reading, voting, commenting, being extra supportive, leaving private messages. I'm so overwhelmed. I could hug you all but I can't, I'd love to though. Thanks for being amazing and being my inspiration. Really, I wouldn't have finished this book without all your encouragement. I especially want to thank you for your patience through this very long re-write.

You're really, extra and triple special to me. Thank you. I love you!!!!!

Lily.