Chapter 2

Out in the middle of nowhere, two small figures, glowing an unnatural golden glow surrounding their bodies as their fists and feet flew in bone shattering punches and kicks. As they fought, laughter and insults rang through the air. Calling a short break, the two boys returned to their normal states, landing on the ground, which they had been hovering over. Sitting side by side, the two demi-saiyans laughed loudly, leaning against each other as they chatted, enjoying the day. Their peace was shattered suddenly, a loud hissing "pop" sounding in the distance, not too far from where they sat. The younger of the two jumped, the elder grabbed the other's arm protectively, and slightly afraid at first. Looking at each other, the two boys grinned and stood up, lifting into the air.

"Hey trunks!"

"Yah Goten?"

"You think it's a bad guy?"

"Let's hope so! I'm getting bored with just having you to fight against!"

Trunks and Goten rose into the air, laughing as they chased after each other, playing as they flew. Goten noticed a shining object in the distance, and the boys turned, heading towards the new object. Landing, the Demi-saiyans looked around, circling the metallic time machine in wonder, never seeing it before.

"Hey Trunks...is the your mom's logo on the side of this thing?"

"Hey you're right Goten! There's...something carved on it too...but...it's too faded to read...Hey! It's a capsule!"

Trunks pressed a button on the machine, and it puffed, changing into a tiny capsule. Standing behind the capsule was a tall man, dressed in black training pants, a pair of brown boots and matching belt, a tight black t-shirt, and a blue denim jacket with the Capsule Corp. logo on his arm. The man had a long sword strapped over one shoulder and across his back. Trunks and Goten stared at the man, Goten looking from Trunks to the man.

"T...trunks...that.... looks like you...but older...and stronger..."

"I know Goten...he has my hair!"

"Actually," Both of the boys nearly jumped as the figure spoke. "Since I'm older, I think I should be saying, you have My hair."

"Who...who are you?"

"You two can call me Mirai...now. I know young Trunks here...who are you?"

The two demi-saiyans looked at each other, then at Mirai in amazement. Mirai looked slightly confused as they continued to look from each other to Mirai.

"You....you are Mirai?"

"Yes...have you heard of me before?"

"Have We? Man! My brother told us all about you!"

"And your brother would be?"

"And my Father told us too! Dad spoke highly of you! And that's rare! He said you're an older me from the future!"

"Alright, then I don't have to explain who I am...but who is your brother?...and why do I think of Goku when I see you?"

The two boys laughed, then Goten stood with a proud pose.

"I am Goten! Son of Goku and Brother to Gohan!"

Mirai stared at him, blinking slightly.

"You....Gohan....Goku had another son? Wait...Gohan has a brother...you look like you're Trunks' age."

"He's a year younger actually."

"Well that explains a bit. That explains quite a bit."

"Mirai, did you actually come from the future?"