five

Marina looked at herself in the mirror in her new shared dressing room with Seth. She straightened her dress and walked out of the room. Seth was waiting outside in a black suit. She looked at him and smiled. He didn't have to wait for her outside, but he did anyway and that didn't go unnoticed by the brunette.

"You look good," he said, nonchalantly.

"You ready?" She asked, pretending like she didn't hear him.

He sighed, "yep, let's go out there and 'explain' ourselves."

He offered to link her arm with his and she took it. They walked to gorilla side by side. Once Michael Cole finished introducing the two, Seth's new entrance theme played and the two walked out. Seth helped her into the ring once they approached it. She took his hand as she entered through the ropes. They shook Michael's hand and sat down next to each other in chairs. 

"Seth, Marina, welcome," Cole greeted them with nods.

"Thank you," Seth said as Marina nodded back.

"There's been a lot of talk over the past week about-"

Marina rolled her eyes, dreading more discussion over the disbanding of their former faction. Truth be told, she was super excited to be playing this heel character. She had been a heel before with The Shield, but this was an entirely different version of heel Marina Barnes. Her eyes landed on Seth.

"Michael," Seth interrupted him, "let me stop you before you get started here, because I don't-"

Marina and Seth looked around, annoyed with the crowd's chants. There was a huge part of Marina who loved how much the fans hated them. It means they were legit. It meant that the audience hated how they betrayed their brothers. Marina brought the mic up to her lips.

"Don't listen to them," Marina spoke, reaching over and placing a hand on his arm, "they don't understand yet."

"Look, I don't get it, I don't get the controversy you're talking about, is all about and neither does Barnes," Seth pointed at Marina, who nodded, "I mean are we just talking about what I did last week, is that the whole deal?" he scoffed before continuing, "because to me that wasn't a big deal."

"He was just doing what was best for business," Marina added, turning her attention to Michael Cole, "and I was capitalizing on an opportunity to become the champion of the women's division."

"Exactly," Seth agreed with her, "what was best for my business. The Shield, Michael, the greatest faction in the history of the WWE, created by me. You don't think I have the right to destroy my own creation?" Marina nodded in agreement as she watched Seth, intently, "it takes an architect, a mastermind to put together a faction like the Shield. You think Dean Ambrose is in any way responsible for that? Dean Ambrose is a lunatic given a weak to his own devices, he's face down in a ditch. And Roman Reigns, the golden boy, you'll never see anger or fury in a man like you've seen in Roman Reigns. But without someone to harness that, to control that, he's nothing. He's worthless. Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns are nothing without me. They owe me every ounce of success they have ever achieved."

"Rollins has every right to destroy The Shield," Marina started, defending them to the announcer, "he hand picked me for The Shield, I owe him and this right here," she gestured to her and him, "is how I repay him, alright? I'm not like Ambrose and Reigns. I let what happened last week go because I knew it was best for business and I knew that he had the right to do what he did to those two. Yes, Orton RKOed me, but I also put that behind me. The Authority is my home, my family now. The Shield is dead to me."

"Seth, many people will argue that The Shield was about four individuals that came together to form an awesome team," Michael continued, "not just about one man."

"You know," Seth shrugged as he spoke, "I guess we'll find out later tonight when the uh, the pathetic remnants of The Shield have their loss to Raw out here against The Wyatt Family."

Marina chuckled with Seth. Her hand found its way to his shoulder as she leaned into his body, laughing at his previous statements.

"Let me ask you something Michael," Seth continued, "why is this such a surprise?" He looked at Marina who shrugged, "I took The Shield to the very top, as high as we could go, we beat everybody, alright. We conquered the world, Michael. At Payback, we beat Evolution in a clean sweep. And with every experience in life, you should learn something. You know what I learned with Evolution? I learned that to be," he stood up, emphasizing his point, "a success in this business, you have to evolve, you have to adapt."

"You sold out" chants filled the arena as he smirked. Marina stood up next to him.

"No, no, no, I bought in," he said, driving his finger into his chest as he spoke.

"Damn right," Marina said as she patted his shoulder, "he didn't sell out and neither did I, we just knew that it was time to let the past go."

"I bought in to the Evolution of Seth Rollins," he continued, "and another thing," he turned his attention to Michael, "and another thing that you won't admit, and that none of you will admit. It took a lot of guts to do what I did last week, and everybody's fixated on the fact that I stabbed my brothers in the back. That I betrayed my brothers. And maybe to Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, we were brothers, but to me they were just business partners. And I severed a business relationship, and you know, for two years every night, I took my fist out and I said Believe in The Shield, and every night what I meant is what I'm gonna tell you right now."

Seth turned his attention to Michael as Marina turned her head to look at Seth and smirked.

"Is that you, and everybody else," Seth shouted, "better start believing in Seth Rollins."

Marina and Seth sat back down as Marina clapped.

"So that's it, Michael," Seth explained, "that's all you wanted to hear right? Oh, wait, wait, wait, earlier tonight we heard Dean Ambrose say that he was gonna let us say our peace and then they were gonna come out here and kick the hell outta me."

"Well," Seth stood up and threw his chair out of the ring, "we've said our peace."

He shoved the microphone into Michael as he stood up. Marina threw her microphone down and stood up. She crossed her arms as Seth tossed her chair out too. The fans started to boo as he asked where Ambrose and Reigns were. Marina watched Michael exit the ring. Seth took off his jacket and handed it to Marina, who draped it over her shoulders. She watched Ambrose and Reigns walk towards the ramp and tapped Seth's shoulder and pointing at them. Just as Seth took off his tie, the Wyatts video played and the lights went out.

"I got you," Marina heard Seth say as he took her hand and exited the ring, "right here."

Ambrose and Reigns stood in the ring with Rowan and Harper as the lights turned back on. They stood in front of the announce table. Marina maintained her grasp of Seth's hand. Reigns and Ambrose started throwing punches at the two Wyatt family members as Marina and Seth watched on. Seth entered the ring as Marina leaned against the announcers desk. Roman went to grab Seth and Ambrose went for him. Rollins got loose, rolled out of the ring and stood next to Marina. She checked if he was okay and continued watching as the Wyatts entered the ring.

"Let's get the hell outta here," Seth suggested as he took her hand and ran out of he arena.

"Super-Cena saves their asses and boom," Marina spoke as they ran, "a stupid main event for later. Baby faces stand tall."

"That's how it's always been," he said as they arrived backstage, "and that's what's gonna change now that we're getting pushed."

"Damn," she caught her breath, "right."