fourteen

*TW: SH scars*
She waited anxiously in her hotel room. Marina and Seth had the day off which meant they could finally go out on a date. Marina played with her fingers as she started to pace. Why was she so nervous? It was just Seth. She heard a knock on the door and she froze. She heard the knock again and took a deep breath before walking over and opening the door. A smile crept onto her face when she saw Seth standing there.

"Hi," she sighed.

He smirked, "nervous much?"

"Bug off, man," she playfully pushed his shoulder.

He chuckled and looked down at her outfit, "you look killer."

"Lopez," Marina faked a chuckle, "you don't need to tell me something I already know."

"You never cease to amaze me, Maverick," Seth smiled.

"Well," she sighed and walked over to get her backpack, "it is difficult when no one else is trying as hard as I am."

He smiled as she walked past him. Seth looked at her wrists as she put on her backpack. He took note in the fact that she didn't conceal them. It would be a lie if he said he hadn't noticed her scars, because he had and it worried him. Marina turned around and took a deep breath. He pushed up his glasses and put his hands in his pockets. To the two of them it was a date, to the public, it was them hanging out and visiting around.

"Ready?" She exhaled.

He nodded and the two exited her hotel room. Seth closed the door behind him. He then offered Marina his hand. She looked up at him and smiled. Her hand fell into his and they began walking to the elevator. They reached the stairs and Seth opened the door for Marina. She walked past him and began walking down the stairs. He followed closely behind her. When they reached the bottom, he opened the door for her and they exited the hotel. The two held hands as they walked to his rental car. He opened the car door for her.

"Thank you," she said as she got into the car.

He closed the door then walked around and got into the driver's seat. Marina sat Indian style in her seat as they drove off. Marina pulled out her phone and started texting her sister. He looked at her then looked back at the road. She turned off her phone and dropped it in her lap.

"20+ questions?"

"Sure," she responded.

"Did you have a trampoline in your backyard?"

"Yep," she scratched her nose, "we even had a 'wrestling company', hell, that trampoline is still in my mom and dad's backyard. I spray painted it with the logo and shit."

"Damn," he chuckled, "that sounds like hella cool childhood."

"Yeah," she looked out the window, "where the hell are you taking me?"

"I've wanted to take you to this park that I found," he drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Ahhhhh," she looked at him to see him smiling, "I wish you would've told me so that I could've worn better shoes."

"There's also an art museum that we could go to," Seth suggested.

"I would actually love that," Marina grinned.

"Art Museum it is," Seth changed directions and started heading to the art museum.

When they got there, Marina's eyes immediately lit up. She couldn't control her excitement. Once Seth parked she quickly exited the car and gawked at the beautiful architecture of the museum. He didn't follow her right away. Instead, he stood back and watched as she took in everything around her.

 Instead, he stood back and watched as she took in everything around her

"You could've waited for me," Seth said as he walked over.

"But look at the gargoyles, Lopez," she pointed up at the statues that stood glaring down at the two of them, "it's insane."

He laughed at her and ushered her into the building. Seth knew that suggesting the art museum was a good idea. Marina walked in and found herself looking at a grand entrance. She stopped to examine every detail as Seth went to pay. Her hat fell off of her head as she stared at the ceiling of the room, but she paid no attention to it. Seth walked over and picked up her hat. She turned around and looked at him. He placed the hat on the elated brunette and offered to link arms. She linked her arm with his and they started walking around.

"Thank you for this," Marina smiled, "I really appreciate it."

"Of course," Seth glanced over to her, "I thought it was time to make my move."

"As if you hadn't tried to before then," Marina joked, squeezing his arm.

The two continued their date. They snapped photos of each other and joked about random things in their life. Marina found herself understanding why she started falling for the former Shield member. Seth had fallen for her hard and couldn't keep her out of his mind.

"You're perfect," he leaned over and whispered in her ear.

She stopped in her tracks and looked at him.

"Really?"

"Really?"

"Yeah," he chuckled, "why would I joke about that."

She felt her lip quiver. Seth leaned down and kissed Marina. She cupped his face with her hands and returned the kiss. She felt his hands on the small of her back and she broke the kiss. Seth looked into her pale green eyes and smiled as a tear escaped from one of them. He wiped it away and the two continued their perfect day.
<<<

Day 10

But, bitches it happened and more is to come. Thank you for adding this book to your lists. It means a lot to me.

me editing in 2021: hi i've been editing this book but keeping some of my favorite moments. i took out some of them but i wanted to make it less of a cringe fest for me.