eighteen

"So, to prep for 'Mania," Marina sighed, "you want me to attack the Bellas and AJ?"

"Precisely," Vince explained to her, "so after their match you run out and do whatever the hell you want to attack them. Then hold up the title."

"Got it," Marina smiled, "am I still a part of the main event though?"

"Yes, of course," Vince looked up and smiled, "after all you're in the Authority, right?"

"Right," she smiled, "thank you Vince."

Marina exited his office. She pulled out her phone and checked it. No notifications. Marina slipped it back into her pocket. She walked the halls until she turned the corner to see Seth's back. He was on the phone. She backed up and eavesdropped on the conversation.

"Yes, Leighla," Seth said in an annoyed tone, "babe I'm fine, don't worry."

"Son of a bitch," Marina said under her breath.

"Yes, I miss you and I can't wait to be with you later," Seth said before Marina heard three words she didn't want to hear, "I love you."

Seth hung up and angrily punched the wall, "fuck!"

Marina pulled out her phone and acted like she didn't hear the conversation as she turned the corner. Seth looked up at her and smiled. Marina smirked as she slipped her phone into her back pocket. She wrapped her arms around his torso.

"I wanna come to Iowa on Wednesday," she said as she smiled at him.

"You sure?"

"Damn, sure," she kissed his nose before releasing her grasp on him and walking to their dressing room.

She entered the dressing room and locked the door. Marina paced while taping up her hands and wrists. Why would he lie to her? She couldn't let this ruin her night. She stood in front of the full length mirror that was in their dressing room and took a deep breath. She had calmed down. Marina grabbed her boots and put them on.

"It's go time," she said as she turned off her phone and unlocked the door.

Seth stood outside waiting for Marina. She grabbed his hand and the two walked to gorilla. The women's match was supposed to be short so Marina could have enough time to attack them. Marina drummed her fingers on her legs. Seth turned her around and assured her that she'd do great.

"Thank you," Marina said as she heard the bell ring, "that's my signal."

She kissed Seth's cheek before her music hit and she ran out. The Bellas looked shocked. Marina looked at the two of them and smirked before spearing Brie to the mat. Marina stood up and stared at Nikki. Nikki went to give her a forearm, but Marina blocked it. She kicked Nikki in the gut which made her drop the title she had just won. Marina then set up for the pedigree and delivered it. She stood up and noticed AJ attempting to get up. Marina set up for the curb stomp and went through with it. All three women were laid out on the mat. The crowd booed Marina. She looked at the title and picked it up.

"This is my yard!" She screamed.

The Missouri crowd watched her as she threw the championship down onto Nikki. Marina exited the ring and walked up the ramp to the backstage area. Seth hugged her as she walked up to him. She nuzzled her head into his chest. Yes, she was beyond mad at him, but she cared too much to let him go. The two hugged for a long time before releasing.

"I'm so proud of you," Seth whispered into her ear as they walked to catering.

"I'm proud of you too," she said in response, "I need to go do something real quick, but I will talk to you before the main event tonight."

She kissed his cheek before exiting gorilla. As the curtain closed behind her, Seth's face dropped. He knew that she knew. His heart stung with guilt as he walked off to their dressing room. Enough was enough. He was guilty and they both knew it. The only thing he could do was let everything play out and hope that she would still talk to him afterwards. Even though he knew, he didn't deserve it.

<<<

Damn. Wrestlemania, guys. Just an awesome show. Also, thank you so freaking much. People are actually reading this book and it makes me so happy. I'm sorry if these chapters have been crap lately. But thank you for almost 2K views. What the actual hell?!?! It means so much to me that you are taking your time to read this book and vote on the chapters. So thank you again, and don't worry the next chapter will be eventful. Love you all.💕