twenty three

Seth left Marina around a half an hour ago. He had to go over a few things with the creative team. Marina changed and paced in her dressing room. She frequently looked up at the television in the dressing room. Roman versus Brock was up next. Marina bit her lip as the bell rang. She couldn't watch this by herself, she needed the company of her co-workers.

"Fucking hell," Marina opened her door and ran down the hallway.

She stopped when she saw Renee. Renee saw Marina and stood up, straightening out her skirt. Marina ran up and hugged the blonde. Their friendship meant the world to Marina, so she knew she could confide in the Canadian.

"He said he loved me," Marina whispered.

"You forgave him didn't you," Renee asked.

Marina nodded, "I don't know what I'm doing, Renee."

"You know I support you with every decision that you make," Renee tightened the hug, "and I will always be here for you."

"Thank you," Marina said before releasing the hug and joining Renee as she watched the match.

The match went on. Marina sat on an office chair with her knees pulled to her chest. Renee was on the edge of her seat. The two women had barely communicated during the match, that's how focused they were on the main event. Roman and Brock both laid on the ground as the referee began his count. It was inching towards the end of the match when Marina's eyes widened.

"Holy smokes," Marina covered her mouth as Seth's theme played.

Renee jumped up and down in her chair. Marina watched him run down with his briefcase. Her eyes began to water. She lowered her hand to reveal a smile. Renee started shaking Marina as the match was announced as a triple threat.

"Rick," Renee chuckled, "please tell me you knew."

"I had no idea," Marina shook her head.

Seth curb stomped Roman then scrambled down for the pin. Marina inched towards the screen. The ref hit the ground twice then Marina saw Seth whisper something into Roman's ear. The ref hit the ground one more time. Seth jumped up and ran into the ropes as the ref handed him the belt.

"He won!" Marina jumped up.

Seth ran up the ramp. He stopped at the top and swung the belt around above his head. Marina left Renee and ran to gorilla. She shoved past anyone in her way, apologizing as she did so. Seth held the belt above his head as fireworks went off behind him. Dean sat in gorilla as Marina entered the room. He stood up as she noticed him.

"Collins," Dean smirked.

"Mox," Marina walked towards him, "surprised to see you here."

"Well," Dean scratched the back of his head and opened his mouth. Seth came through the curtain before Dean could finish.

Both Marina and Dean turned around to look at him. He hugged Hunter as everyone in the room cheered. Dean and Marina clapped before he pulled her in for a side hug. Roman walked through the curtain. Everyone cheered for him too. Seth and Roman made their way over to Marina and Dean. The four hugged.

"We did it," Marina sniffled.

The four released. As Roman turned to talk to Dean, Seth held Marina's hand and pulled her out of gorilla. The two walked to an empty hallway with a cameraman. He placed his belt down on a crate so that he could hug Marina. She didn't care how sweaty he was as he swayed with her. The man with Seth's side plates walked up as the two released their hug. 

"Hi," Seth awkwardly greeted the man.

The man began to remove Brock's plates. Seth looked at Marina who had her sweater sleeves covering her hands. He smiled at her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. They had both accomplished their childhood dreams in one night. She watched as the guy finished, smiling proudly. Seth picked up the belt and took a few pictures.

"Thank you," Seth and Marina walked off.

Seth held the belt on one shoulder and used his other hand to hold Marina's hand. They made it to Marina's dressing room. She grabbed her belt and set it up so that she could take a picture.

 She grabbed her belt and set it up so that she could take a picture

@wwebarnes childhood dream come true....

She posted the picture and turned her phone off. Marina turned around to see Seth sitting on the floor with his belt in front of him. She sat down across him. A tear fell from his brown eyes. She wiped it away, forcing him to lookup at her as she released her hair from its bun.

"One of my childhood dreams came true today," Seth told Marina.

"Mine too," Marina felt herself tearing up.

"I have a new dream now," Seth smiled.

"Oh yeah?"

"My new dream is you," Seth said as a tear fell from Marina's cheek.

"Really?"

"I love you," Seth chuckled.

Marina bit her lip then got up and grabbed Seth's hand. She pulled him onto the couch and cuddled with him. His instincts kicked in as he began combing through her hair. Marina felt herself drifting off, which meant that they should leave the arena. She texted her sister to meet them in the parking lot. The two of them packed everything into their bags before Seth changed into his street clothes. Marina yawned as she leaned against the wall, waiting for him to finish changing. He walked out with frizzy hair which made her chuckle.

"I like when you do the bun on top," she formed a ball with her hands above her head.

He pulled his hair up and tied it in a bun like she described, "I will remember that."

She sleepily exited the room ahead of Seth. The two made their way to the back parking lot and waited for her sister to pull up. Right after Marina reconciled with Seth, she called her sister to fill her in on what he told her. Obviously, Willow was protective over her younger sister, but was learning that Marina had a path to follow and this was a part of that path. When Willow's car came to view, Marina woke up a little. The sisters shared a much needed hug when Willow exited the car. As they hugged, Seth put their bags in the trunk.

"Are you sure about this?"

Marina nodded as her sister eyed Seth, "he told me he loved me, but I didn't say it back."

"Do you trust him?"

"I will," she sighed, leaning back to look her sister in the eyes, "because I want to."

"Is it okay if I am hesitant about it?"

Marina smiled at her sister before nodding, "I would be worried if you weren't."