seventeen

*TW: SH scars*
"Favorite movie?" Seth asked as the two continued their game of 20+ questions.

Marina smiled and started walking into the arena with her suitcase following her. She raised her arm in the air and said:

"The Breakfast Club."

As she continued to walk. Seth smiled and closed the trunk of the car as Marina brought her arm down. Seth caught up to Marina and grabbed her hand. They walked in with their hands intertwined. Smackdown was in Washington this week. Marina was excited because the forests and woods in Washington were beautiful and she couldn't wait to explore them.

"Justin's gonna be happy," Marina waved at people as she walked in, "he gets hella pissed when I don't have matches."

"You have one tonight," Seth looked down at her, "right?"

"Yep," she smiled, "I'm excited for SummerSlam."

"Me too," Seth said as he opened the door to their dressing room.

Marina pulled out her phone and smiled as she saw a text from her oldest brother James. She stood there smiling and texting him. Seth smirked and started unpacking his bag. They had just been in Oregon on Monday and they drove all night to get to their destination. Marina looked up at Seth who was already looking at her.

"What?"

"What are you smiling about?" Seth asked as he leaned against a wall.

"My sister-in-law gave birth," Marina put her phone down, "I'm an aunt."

"Well, congrats to her," Seth smiled, "what's the baby's name?"

"Gabrielle Helena Collins," Marina responded as she took out her gear.

Seth's phone rang and he looked at his phone. He sighed and exited the dressing room. Marina was confused, but she shrugged it off and continued getting ready. He had given him every reason to trust him and she did, She hung up her gear and put her shoes underneath it. She took out a small cloth bag that contained her earrings in it and walked into the restroom. She put the bag on the sink and stared at herself. She wore her hair down and a black tank top with black athletic shorts.

"I have a niece," she said out-loud, "Gabrielle Helena."

She immediately thought about one of her favorite songs as a teen. "Helena" by MCR. Marina tied her hair up in a bun. She lifted up her tank top and took out her naval piercings and put them on. She then put in all of her ear piercings and her nose piercings. She walked out of the restroom and slipped off her shoes. Seth walked in just as she was about to exit. She looked at him as he slipped his phone in his pocket.

"Everything okay?" She asked as she rubbed her arm.

He sighed, shrugging his issues away, "yeah, everything's fine."

"You sure?"

"Hey," he put his hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes, "don't worry about me."

She smiled. It was fake. This was her reason to start doubting the trust she had for him. They hugged then Marina exited as Seth took out his gear. He had been acting weird the past few days. Marina mainly shrugged it off, but she knew that he wasn't telling her something. Marina walked over to makeup and got her makeup done. Then she got her hair done.

"Thank you," she said as she walked back to her dressing room.

She checked her phone, 45 minutes until Smackdown starts. It was easy to hear all the people filing into the arena. She put her phone in her pocket and continued walking. She greeted people as they passed her. Marina arrived at the dressing room. She walked in as Seth walked out of the restroom. She grabbed her gear and changed in the restroom. When she was done, she came out and grabbed her shoes.

"You look good," Seth said as Marina laced up her boots.

"Thanks," Marina smiled, "I know."

Even the way he complimented her felt off

Even the way he complimented her felt off. There was clearly something going on with him. Marina was about to exit to hang out with the Divas for a little to distract herself from what Seth was doing. Seth grabbed her arm and she stopped. She turned around and Seth pinned her against the wall.

"Colby," she said with wide eyes.

She looked at him shocked by his action, but what happened next shocked her even more. He kissed her. She kissed him back, but it felt pushed. She brought her hand up to his face and placed her thumb on his bottom lip, signaling him to stop. Their foreheads touched, but Marina was on the verge of crying. Seth noticed this and pulled her in for a hug. She hugged back tightly. He rubbed her back causing her to calm down.

"Shh," Seth said as Marina's breathing settled, "I'm sorry, everything is going to be okay."

Marina nodded, knowing that his sorry made no sense, "promise me that there's nothing going on, please."

"I promise, Mav," Seth said as he released the hug.

She looked into his eyes. He smiled as he looked into hers. She smiled then pecked his nose. Seth handed her black tape and she took it. She left the dressing room completely flustered. Her face completely fell. He wasn't telling the truth. Marina started taping up her hands and wrists. She looked down at her wrists. Scars. She started questioning everything. What if he isn't interested anymore? Why is he being so secretive? Is he using you? She covered the scars with tape and continued walking. Why did she know this was going to happen?

<<<
I'm gonna have a huge time skip to November. Just an FYI. Thank you for also getting this book to almost 2K reads. Thats hugging insane (Bayley snickers commercial reference). What do you think is gonna happen next?