ten

Seth sat by himself in catering, texting someone on his phone. Every now and then, he would snack on his food. Dean Ambrose stumbled into catering and began looking for a place to sit. He waltzed his way over to Seth. The Lunatic Fringe peered over the shoulder of his former faction member and stopped when he realized the situation that Seth had placed himself in. Ambrose grabbed a chair and turned it around, sitting down in it backwards.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Hello to you too," Seth hid his phone screen from Dean.

"Don't pull that shit with me, Lopez," Dean's voice was low as he pointed at the phone, "you just sent the same text message to two different girls."

"Jon," Seth's eyes fell, knowing he had been caught, "I can explain-"

"No, no, no," he shook his head while chuckling, "you don't get to lie to yourself like that. You can't explain because you don't have this under control."

"Maverick and I haven't done anything," he tried to brush everything off, "I haven't crossed any lines."

"Stop digging yourself deeper, dude," Dean couldn't keep Seth's eyes on him for more than two seconds, "you're too old to be leading a girl on."

"Ouch?" Seth finally looked at Dean.

"Ricky deserves someone better than you," he stabbed a metaphorical knife into Seth's stomach, "and if you keep up this fucking mind game with her," Dean leaned in, "you'll regret it until the day you die."

Ambrose abruptly stood up and left catering. Seth's only thought was hoping that he wouldn't run off and tell Maverick what they had just spoken about. Then, her perfume filled his nostrils. She had sat down in the chair Dean had just stood up from. As soon as he saw her, his face softened and he had forgotten why he was upset. Marina looked up at the screen in the room as she ate her food. 

"You smell amazing," Seth nudged her, causing her to bow her head down and smile

"What were you and Mox talking about?" she changed the subject, quickly.

"Storyline stuff," Seth shrugged as he looked away from her and towards the doorway.

"You ready for tonight?"

He whipped his head back around to her as she glued her eyes to the screen. Never in his life had a woman so quickly shrugged off something like that. She didn't care to dig further because she trusted him. Her trust was going to make his job immensely more difficult. How could he tell her that he was in a relationship? How could he tell her when he couldn't admit to himself that he had fallen for her?

"You're acting weird, Colby," she continued watching the screen as she commented.

"Sorry," he cleared his throat and flipped his phone over so that his screen sat against the table, "I can't help it when you walk in here looking like a million bucks."