twenty seven

Marina frustratedly chewed on a piece of gum while she sat on a box near wardrobe. Tonight was a big night for Seth, but a lackluster night for Marina. The latter wasn't even going to be in the women's match that night. They gave her the option to be on commentary, but she quickly rejected their offer. Mostly because the women featured in the match deserved their own time to shine without snarky comments made towards them. Her other half stood in front of his gear drawer and pulled out the white gear he was going to wrestle in tonight. Marina's eyes widened as he held the gear up for her to see. He had kept the gear a secret from her because he knew that she would enjoy the surprise.

"You like?"

"I'm so fucking jealous, dude," she motioned for him to stand closer so that she could see the gear up close.

Seth stood ahead of her as she traced her finger along the stitches, "you'll have a SummerSlam moment."

Marina scoffed as Seth placed his hands on her knees, "I know that," she tossed his gear onto his shoulder then ran her hands up and down his torso, "I was talking about the gear."

"It's pretty fucking sick, bud," he chuckled, adjusting her glasses for her, "the shirt looks phenomenal on you."

"You think everything looks good on me," she craned her neck back to look up at him, "but I appreciate it nonetheless."

Seth cupped her jaw as he smiled, leaning down to kiss her. Their mouths connected briefly and when Seth backed up slightly, he saw her looking up at him with loving eyes. The two of them had been doing very well. Marina had been clean for eight months not because of Seth, but he definitely helped her down from the ledge. They had yet to put a label on their relationship since their kiss before Money in the Bank. Seth swooped in for another peck as Nikki walked up.

"Okay, lover boy," the pair looked at the Bella twin, "I need to talk to your girl."

Seth noticed the cameras behind Nikki and his face dropped, "are you filming right now?"

"Yeah," Nikki noticed the worry in his face, "but we don't have to include this at all. Why?"

"He's worried because I said I didn't want to be on the show," Marina pat his torso, signaling for him to step aside, "but I honestly would rather keep whatever's happening between the two of us private."

"We won't use it," Nikki assured the two of them as Seth let out a small sigh, "can we talk now?"

Marina nodded, hopping off the box. Seth kissed the top of her head as she kissed his arm. As the two women walked away, Seth pat Marina's ass before he walked away himself. The camera crew followed them into a less crowded hallway. Marina sat up on another box as Nikki leaned on the same box.

"Are you going to be in gorilla for Rollins vs. John?"

Marina nodded as she pointed to her shirt, "I gotta represent," she looked at Nikki, "you look hot."

"Thanks, babe," the twin looked down at her gear then back up at Marina, "how are you feeling about tonight?"

"I'm excited for your match," she looked down at her nails and started to pick at her polish, "and obviously the boys are going to put on an amazing match."

"I'm still kind of bitter that he broke John's nose," Nikki scrunched up her face as she folded her arms.

Marina chuckled as she looked up, "John is actually Superman. I can't believe he's healed and ready to wrestle."

"That's my man for you," Nikki smiled before she sighed, "I'm sad you aren't in the match at all tonight."

Marina shrugged before leaning against the wall behind her, "it's how they're booking me."