sixteen

Marina yawned as she woke up. Her sister's dog, Lincoln, laid in bed with her. It was Thursday and Marina had the day off. Seth was in Iowa and her sister asked her to watch Lincoln. Marina hugged Lincoln then reached over to grab her phone. She opened Instagram and scrolled through, liking anything that appealed to her. She laughed as Lincoln sneezed and decided to take a picture with him.

@wwebarnes not who I usually wake up next to, but hey, I'm not complaining

She turned off her phone and got out of her bed. Marina braided her hair before she slipped on a shirt and one of Seth's sweatshirts. Lincoln followed her downstairs and into the kitchen. Marina fed him then walked over to her living room to grab her laptop. Indiana and Iowa weren't that far from one another, but Marina still felt the need to contact Seth when she felt super lonely. She walked back into the kitchen and placed her laptop on her island.

"Hey Lincoln," Marina smiled as he wagged his tail.

She pulled a Captain America mug out of her cabinet and started making coffee. Lincoln ran to her back door and Marina walked over to let him outside. She walked back over to her kitchen and opened her laptop. Her phone buzzed and she opened it to see a message from Seth.

9:18am// @wwerollins: you should come stay in Iowa next week.

9:19am// @wwebarnes: Skype me, I wanna see your face.

9:20am// @wwerollins: you don't have to Skype me to see my face.

Marina rolled her eyes and put her phone on the island before grabbing her mug. She took a sip before hearing a knock on the door. She set her mug on the counter and walked over to the door, not looking to see who knocked. She opened the door and gasped.

"Told you," Seth said as he dropped his bag and walked in, engulfing her in a hug.

"When did you get here?" She asked as they separated and he grabbed his bag, closing the door in the process.

"Um," he looks at his phone, "an hour and a half ago."

"You didn't have to do this," she said as she walked over to her kitchen and started making him a coffee.

"But," he placed his bags down and came up behind her and hugged her, "I enjoy looking at you in person and not behind a screen."

Lincoln barked earning Seth's attention, "you took my advice," he laughed as he walked over to the door and crouched down to look at Lincoln, "what's his name?"

"You can let him in," Marina said as she walked over to them, "his name is Lincoln. My family has an issue of naming dogs after presidents, and he's my sister's."

Seth opened the door, allowing Lincoln ran in and start licking Seth's face. Marina smiled as Seth laughed and pet Lincoln. She shook her head and walked back over to the kitchen. Seth followed her and sat on a stool in front of the island. Marina handed him a black mug. She grabbed her mug and leaned on the island. Seth looked at her as she took a sip of her coffee.

"What?" She giggled as she placed her mug down.

"I like looking at you," he said before taking a sip himself.

Marina smiled, "you've expressed that before, multiple times."

Seth and Marina talk a little more. They finish their coffee and Marina walked over to her living room. Seth followed her and Lincoln followed him. Seth sat down on the couch and Lincoln hopped up next to him. Marina smiled as Lincoln licked Seth's face.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," Marina said as she bit her lip.

"I could join if you want," he offered with a grin on his face.

Marina smiled, "keep your pants on Rollins, it won't take me long."

"I'll be here," Seth watched her walk over to him, "if you take too long though, I will come up and join you."

She kissed his forehead, "don't make promises you can't keep."

Before he could say anything else, Marina darted upstairs to her room to take a shower. Seth waited for the water to turn on. He sat on the couch with a huge smile on his face. He looked at Lincoln who had his head on Seth's lap. One can only wonder how long this perfect reality would last.
<<<
Day 39?
. Also, this is really just a filler chapter.