32| Krismas

McKayla

After Kris was named rookie of the year, because duh, we could officially close the chapter on the 2015 season and move to the 2016 season. This year brought great memories and the team was good, but next year they'll be better. So far the Cubs have picked up some friends from the Cardinals like Jason Heyward and John Lackey and a recent world champ like Ben Zobrist. As of right now, next season is the best one yet and I couldn't be more excited. They guys were determined to do good and I don't see why they wouldn't, they're stacked. If we could just get Dexter back it will all come full circle.

Until then Kris and I would chill in Chicago until Christmas where everyone would come over for dinner.

"So I think I found a house you might like" Kris announces as we walk around Walmart looking for Christmas decorations for his place.

"Is that so" I ask looking at all the different Christmas tree decorations to chose from. This was harder than I thought.

"Yeah, its a mile away from Wrigley, has a good high school, middle school, and grade school near by. It's a nice little neighborhood that is good for privacy and it's a nice size house. Four bedrooms and two and a half baths. Even has a pool and a deck for having people over" he explains. I look up to him as he describes my dream home and smile at him. He's really into planning our future together, it just reminds me how lucky I am to have such a loyal and caring boyfriend.

"That sounds real nice, we'll have to check it out soon" I reply and he nods. We walk out to where the real trees are and browse around until I find one that I knew would look nice in Kris' apartment.

"Oh Kris, look at that one" I say pointing to it.

"Is that the one you want" he asks and I nod. It was perfect.

We get the tree to the apartment and I start wrapping presents while Kris made cookies. Finally all of the gifts were wrapped and the house was smelling like vanilla and love. Eventually we both migrate to the tree and Kris helps me put all the gifts under it. I still had to get his but I already knew what I was going to get him. We start decorating the tree with silver and black ornaments we picked up along with some personal ones. Christmas music softly played in the background as we make our way around the tree. I put a key on it and Kris looks at me questionably.

"What's that key too" he asks.

"My heart" I respond and he shakes his head.

"I already have that, what is it really" he jokes.

"It's the one to your house your parents game me senior year. It's my favorite Christmas memory, your parents put their trust in me and that's all I wanted from mine. But it was better than I ever imagined because I loved them and they loved me back" I admit.

"They were so excited to give that to you, when they told me that they wanted to do that to assure that you would have a opportunity to be the best you could be, I knew they loved you just as much as I did. We all watched you grow up and wanted you to be whatever your heart desired. I'm glad we could be a big part of your life" he says softly, pulling me close.

"The only reason I can do a fraction of what I do is because you guys. If it weren't for you and your family I would have ended up like my parents if history had it" I sigh.

"But you didn't, and now you're in my arms once again on the verge of starting a family, a real one at that" he replies lightly rocking me. After a while of embracing each other we return to decorating, the place comes together and I step back to look at the tree.

"It looks great" he comments. I walk up and see a picture of us in a frame hanging in the tree, but it's not from high school. It was us in LA at the beach messing around in the ocean. I was over his shoulder as he ran into the water and I was trying to get down. I didn't even know he had this picture.

"Who took this" I ask admiring the nice frame.

"Anthony, I found it on his phone and sent it to myself. It was such a great picture I decided to put it on the tree" he shrugs.

"Well I love it" I say putting it back. I grab the angel to put on top on the tree and look up, no way we could reach that, even with Kris' long frame.

"Remember back in high school when I let go of my bat at practice and you had to get on my shoulders to get it down from the top of the batting cage" he asks.

"Yeah, I almost died" I remind him.

"Almost..." he trails of.

"Must I remind you I'm carrying our child" I laugh.

"I'm not going to hurt you or the baby. You trust me don't you" he asks.

"Of course I do" I defend.

"Okay then... get on my shoulders" he insists. I jump from the couch to his shoulders and he hands me the angel. I secure her at the top and carefully climb down from Kris' shoulders. The place really came together when the lights were turned on and the tree was finished.

"We did good" Kris states proudly.

"Hell yeah we did" I say giving him a high five before falling into a fit of laughter.

"We are a really unusual couple aren't we" he mentions and I nod.

"The weirdest."