49| Sweet Dreams

McKayla

After finding the perfect red dress I slip on my favorite black heels and let my blonde hair cascade down my back. I throw some perfume on as I head downstairs.

Kris and I are having our first date night in a really really long time and I was so very excited. Jonathan's girlfriend Lindsey agreed to baby sit while we were out. She doesn't have a kid yet but she is a amazing caretaker. I welcome her in and catch her up on everything she needs to know. Luckily McKenzie is a angel and healthy again so it should be smooth sailing. There's a knock on the door in I sprint up to answer it.

"Good evening my lady. A dozen of the finest roses and finest chocolates for the finest lady I have ever laid eyes on" Kris says handing me flowers and a box of chocolates.

"That is the cutest thing ever" Lindsey calls out from behind me and I shake my head. I place the flowers in the vase and set the chocolates next to them. I grab my clutch and kiss Kenzie before heading out the door.

"Kayla, you look absolutely stunning" Kris says running his fingers through my hair and placing a kiss on my lips.

"Thanks babe, you're looking dapper yourself" I say messing with his bright red tie.

"Only for you. You ready" he asks helping me in the car.

"I would say yes but I'm still not sure where we're going" I chuckle.

"You'll see" he smirks before pulling out. We arrive at the Chinese restaurant where Kris purposed to me at. The waiter takes us to the same table and I take in my surroundings, such great memories. I haven't been here since he purposed, everything is just how I remember it.

"What would you like" the waiter asks.

"Orange chicken for me and cashew chicken for my beautiful fiancé" he says quickly. The waiter leaves to put our order in and I look at Kris.

"What" he asks sheepishly.

"Nothing. I just think it's really cute when you're over protective" I mentioned.

"You caught on to that huh" he laughs.

"We've had the same orders since middle school and not once have you ever ordered for me. Plus I'm a phycologist, my job is to read into things such as this" I remind him. We get to talking about something other than current events and naturally fall into the topic of our perfect baby.

"Do you want another kid" he asks.

"I know not every baby is going to be an angel like Kenzie, but I would love another kid" I admit.

"Me too. I guess we should start making the other room for when Kenzie is a toddler so we have room for another baby" he suggests.

"Yeah probably. What should we do with that room" I wonder.

"I think you know my answer" he smiles.

"I know I know, a baseball themed room. I think that would be really cool" I agree.

"Is life always this easy or is it like that just for us" he asks completely serious.

"Just for us. We understand each other on a level that goes beyond a relationship. We care about each other's well being, our happiness, and our dreams. In a life where everything becomes routine we still put in effort to make sure we can make each other smile. When I wake up I don't feel like it's just another day, I feel like that day is going to be the best day of my life only because you're in it. We can make history together and that's so exciting but so much has to fall into place for that to happen. But with us we don't expect these unrealistic things, we make them happen so that's why everything is so simple" I explain.

"I thank god every day you found me again. I believe in fate simply for the fact that I got to fall in love with you twice instead of once. And now I'm going for a World Series championship with the coolest fiancé in the world and the best motivation in McKenzie" he replies with a smile. After dinner we go for a walk and take in the scenery. The cooler September temperatures are welcoming to my bare skin shown by the dress I was wearing. I would be wedding dress shopping soon and I was admittedly excited. I feel my phone buzz in my purse and pull it out to see Lindsey had texted me a video.

Linds😇: Someone is being a over achiever!

Attached was a video of our little girl rolling over. She's quite the advanced baby. Started smiling at only two months and already knows how to laugh. It's like she understands what's happening and loves that she's around for it.

Me: Oh my god she's precious. Thanks for the video! We'll be home soon ❤️

I show Kris the video and he sends it to himself so he can put it up on instagram. After walking off all the food we ate we find the car and drive just outside the city and to our humble home. We walk in to see Lindsey with McKenzie on the floor reading her a story. Kenzie watched intently as Lindsey goes through the book. Kris closes the door and Lindsey look up.

"Whelp Kenz, looks like our play date it over" she says picking her up and bringing her to me. Once her eyes find mine she reaches out for me as I grab her safely.

"Hi baby girl, I hope you were good for Lindsey" I say tickling her stomach and she smiles at me. What a beautiful sight.

"She was a angel like always. I hope my kid is just like Kenz" she laughs. I pay her and wish her well before she goes off and on her way. I change Kenzie's diaper and put her in pjs before jumping in the shower. I come out and find Kris talking to her as she laid in her crib.

"I hope that when you're older you're just like your mom. Maybe not as pretty because I don't need to scare all the boys away. But I hope you have her brain, she always filled it with the best things. You won't have to worry about the things she had to, no one ever should, but I hope school comes easy for you and you love learning like she did. I hope you have a heart like hers, big and always open. I'm not telling you to take a bullet for someone, once was more than enough to go through that. But before your mom was shot she used her heart and her brain to convince the gunman that they didn't have to live this way and that's pretty cool. I guess what I'm saying is that you're a part of this family and you're going to start picking things up. That's why I love that you spend so much time with mommy, I'm actually starting to get jealous. But once you get old enough it's going to be just the three of us. Kris, Kayla, and Kenzie against the world, and that's pretty cool."

"That was beautiful" I say from the door between her room and ours.

"How much of that did you hear" he asks.

"Enough" I say joining him and looking down on our girl.

"I meant every single word of that" he says softly. I watch Kenzie stir in her sleep then smiles.

"I wonder what she's thinking about" I say.

"I don't know, but whatever it is it's probably wonderful."