51| Say Yes To The Dress

McKayla

Considering that I'm not picky and am really lenient with things I figured picking out a wedding dress would be easy... well I was wrong. I don't know what's worse, not liking any of the dresses or loving them all. Sue, Darya, Brit, and Lindsey all joined me to search for bridesmaids and wedding dresses I the heart of Chicago. We decided to start with the bridesmaids dresses which are navy blue. Darya, Brit, and Lindsey all come out in three different styles and I loved them all. Hence the problem.

"I like the one Lindsey has on best" Sue says and I nod. It was the smoothest looking one. Would look great on all shapes and sizes and comfortable to more around in.

"I do too. It's simple and elegant, like the wedding" Brit agrees.

"Is there a way I can see all three of them in that dress" I ask and the consultant nods. They go back in search for more of that dress while Sue and I go looking for a wedding dress. I look around and can't seem to narrow anything down.

"What do you think I would look best in" I wonder looking at all the shapes and styles. There's mermaids and ball gowns, rhinestones and simple, small and big ones. It's a lot.

"You're going to look beautiful no matter what you choose" she smiles and I start to blush.

"Thanks very kind of you to say Sue, thank you" I smile. We pick out a few dresses but one catches my eye. It was a strapless dress that had beautiful and intricate beading at the top and a navy blue waistline. It tied off in the back then the blue flows out with the train in the back. It was so beautiful and perfect with the bridesmaids dresses. I liked that it was unique but still obviously a wedding dress.

"Wow, look at this one" I say softly turning it around. The rhinestones catch the light and sparkle as I moved the dress.

"Wow Mac, that's a one of a kind dress. Thankfully you're a one of a kind girl" she smiles. I take the dress and return to our little area where the girls were all in the dress Lindsey had on earlier. It was a strapless all navy dress with a fitting patterned top and a lose flowing bottom.

"You guys look amazing" I gasp looking around.

"Thanks. I think we look pretty good" Brit giggles. They sit down in their dresses and I head back to try on the ones Sue and I picked out. I try on a few all white dresses but don't really love them, my mind was still on the blue one. I saved that one for last and it finally came time to put it on. The consultant helps me in it and ties the back. Naturally it'll need to be altered but I didn't mind any.

"Wow... you look breathtaking" the lady says. I turn around and look at the whole thing in the mirrors surrounding me. It was the prettiest dress I had ever seen in my life. I loved the precise beading and the silk waist band. The blue in the back outlined by the same crystal rhinestones as the top of the dress that sparkles with even the smallest of movement.

"Whoah" I whispers as I stare at the girl in the mirror. The girl I always wanted to be. The girl I was fighting for as a high schooler. This makes all that worth it knowing that I get to wear this dress when I marry my best friend. I step out to where the girls were all congregated talking about anything and everything. I'm happy they are all comfortable in the dresses and can relax in them, we were getting those for sure. Once I get settled I meet Sues eyes first. She cries instantly as I take my place on the little runway surrounded by mirrors.

"Sweetie, you look absolutely gorgeous" Sue says standing up. The other girls turn around and it falls silent. Sue comes over and places a vail on my head to complete the outfit.

"This is the one" I smile as she steps back and joins my friends.

"This is the prettiest sight I've ever seen" Lindsey says causing me to laugh. I liked that she's become one of my closest friends, she understood the whole dating a athlete thing. I take another look in the mirror and finally let out a breath. The dreams I had as a little girl are now a reality.

We purchase the dresses and celebrate with food at the Cheesecake Factory. As far as the wedding comes everything was mostly planned. The cake was four tiers alternating white and navy fondant. There are white roses scattered throughout and the blue layers had a cross cross texture. Little edible pearls lined the creases and it was red velvet cake. All the center pieces and other details were decided and I even had his ring picked out. We picked out rings a while ago but I know he'll love this one. I wanted to surprise him with it.

"Can we see it" Darya asks and I pull it out of my purse. It was a gold band with baseball laces bulging from it.

"Holy shit, where did you get this" Brit asks.

"A little sports story on Michigan ave, I got lost in it the other day. Stumbled upon this and knew I had to have it. When I was in high school I got him a engraved baseball bat for Christmas. So I wanted to do something like that for his ring. So on the inside it says 'number one on the field and number one in my heart'" I explain.

"Okay, you guys give me unrealistic expectations for my relationship and you just set the bar unbelievably high" Lindsey laughs.

"Just got a lot of love and a weird need to express it" I shrug. We eat lunch and feast on the cheesecake before going our separate ways. I pull to my driveway and look at the house I've been able to call home. This life I've been able to create, it's really nice isn't it?