57| Christmas Miracle

McKayla

Kris, Kenzie and I are having our own Christmas since it's so close to the wedding and we wanted to be in Chicago. I have the chance to catch up with the girls in the wedding while I was here. Lindsey is still here because Jonathan is still playing with the Hawks. Darya is here until the wedding then her and Dexter leave for St. Louis. And Brit came back after family issues so I was able to have lunch with all of them. Monica was flying in for the wedding then I should have all my girls by me soon enough. After shopping and cleaning the puke off my sweater I was finally in the Christmas spirit.

"Kristopher" I call from the kitchen as Christmas music plays in the background. He comes rushing down stairs with the baby secured tightly to his chest.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt? Are you okay" he asks frantically.

"First of all I'm not fine China, I'm not that breakable" I giggle.

"But you are fine" she says with a smirk and I roll my eyes.

"Second of all I was about to start making Christmas cookies but I needed my elf" I smile.

"I'm 6'5, I don't think I'm qualify as an elf" he laughs. We put McKenzie in her little jumpy thingy because she crawls now and we can't lose her... not again at least.

I get started on the cookie dough and roll it out for Kris to cut out with cookie cutters. After getting them in the oven I get out the sprinkles and frosting and other fun things to decorate the cookies. I get Kenzie in her high chair and place a few cookies in front of her. She gets a tube of icing and sprinkles then I pray for the best.

"Are you sure that's a good idea" Kris laughs pointing to Kenzie who was already halfway to being in the blue man group.

"That's not too bad... see" I tease wiping frosting on his nose.

"You did not just do that" he whines and I nod my head.

"See it's not that bad" I giggle.

"It's not. But I think it should look like this" he says taking a handful of frosting and smearing it all over my face.

"You suck" I scream looking for something to counter with. I find some sprinkles and stuck it to his frosting. We go back and fourth for a while until we ran out of things to throw. After calling a truce I look around and have to laugh at the mess we made.

"Okay, you want to clean the kitchen or the baby" I ask catching my breath.

"You get Kenzie, I'll clean myself and the kitchen" he offers. I wipe off the best I can and take off my shirt and pants while Kris watches intently. Wasn't my original plan but there is no way was I walking through the house like that. The mess is big enough as is.

"Like what you see" I ask and he turns away and continues to clean. I change into clean cloths then get McKenzie into the bathtub. I add a bunch of bubbles and we have fun splashing around. After getting her dried off I put her in a Christmas onesie and a Santa hat. I return down stairs to see Kris had the kitchen clean and a dozen Christmas cookies sitting in a plate.

"How did you manage that" I ask pointing to the cookies.

"I tried really really hard. Then when that didn't work I drove to the store and bought these" he laughs.

"They look great" I say kissing his cheek then going to grab one. He pulls me back and kisses my lips instead. Someone was being extremely friendly.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Christmas!!! Wake up it's Christmas. CHRISTMAS!"

"Five more minutes" I mumble into the pillow. But soon enough I'm being lifted from the bed and thrown over Kris' shoulder.

"I guess this works too" I yawn and he laughs. My captor let me brush my teeth and apply deodorant before grabbing Kenzie and heading downstairs. Kris hands me a cup of coffee and it finally starts to kick in.

"Time for presents" he announces excitedly.

"Did Santa frisk you last night or something" I ask and he laughs.

"Nope. Just really excited" he says. I was too tired to try to figure him out so I let it go. We watch McKenzie attempt to tear into her presents but she just put them in her mouth. She had the most presents as the guys from the team treat her like a mascot and they all love her. Plus gifts from Kris and I, his parents, and my grandparents, let's just say there's a lot of baby cloths and toys and neither of us were mad about it. We put her in the play pen then throw all the toys in there to keep her preoccupied until she needed changed.

"Okay your turn" Kris cheers excitedly. He hands me a box and I look at him questionably. I still wear the locket he gave me and I'm not sure anything will top that. I open the box to see a watch with a picture of Kris and I behind the World Series trophy and Kenzie in it. She was soooo small in this picture but it was my favorite picture ever. He flips it over and I see something etched in the back. It said "I've made a lot of great catches, but you're my greatest one" on it.

"Kris, this is amazing" I whisper.

"It took me a month to get it and I had to go to three different people but I love how it turned out" he admits with a smile.

"I love it so much, thank you" I say giving him a hug. I slip it on and it looked great. I open presents from his parents and my grandparents before it was his turn. His parents got him some sweet cleats and bating gloves and third base from the World Series which was super cool. I got him one of the sets from Wrigley they were about to start selling and a new onesie for the annual onesie trip.

"There's one more for you, and this ones from McKenzie" I announce and he raises a eyebrow at me. He opens the gift and there sat a blue onesie that says "my sister is cute but I'm cuter" on it. He picks it up and reads it before dropping the onesie and looking at me with such happiness in his eyes.

"You're pregnant" he asks and I nod my head.

"Yes I am" I smile and he tackled me into the couch.

"We're going to have another kid! It's a Christmas miracle" he says excitedly and I giggle. He kisses me all over my face like a excited dog and I try to push him off.

"I love you so fucking much" he whispers.

"Love you too Breezy."