1 -18th Birthday

Moon Goddess- the creator of wolves and other creatures.

Mate- soulmate of wolf

Italics- thought
Bold- wolf talking
Packmate- person in pack
Pack- group of wolves

Riley -

As you know my name is Riley, Riley Cole. Well actually you probably didn't but that's okay.  I couldn't fight the urge to squeal! Im finally grown! I can do a lot more....

Today is my fucking 18th birthday!!! That's is enough for me to say I'm so yeah!  And it's graduation day. Well not really graduation but I don't have to go to school anymore.  Im done with school. Im so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore because lemme tell you....no lemme not lol. 

Sorry to say but im not human. Sorry if that somehow disapoints you. 
Than what are you??
I am a werewolf.
What, that's not true or possible??
Shut the fuck up!!It's real so get over it!!
Whatever.

So yeah I just had a mental argument. No I'm not crazy, physco, or dumb, I'm just weird. And I have issues. I mean who doesn't?

Just kidding, I need to get that checked out.

Alright I'm going to stop being childish. But I mean can you blame me it's my birthday. 
Sighs...

Ok lemme put this out there, so it's very important when a werewolf turns 18. When we turn 18 they get to shift. Shifting is when werewolves get to change between their wolf and their human form. It's kinda painful for the first couple of times but then later you cannot even feel it. Cool huh? You also can talk to your wolf. Everyone has one. It is basically the spirit. Sometimes if you let it, the wolf spirit can take over control our body. That means it can talk, move, look like you but a totally different person. I'm only a werewolf because of my parents. I was born a werewolf but I'm not one of the strongest or well liked. There are plenty other ways to become a werewolf. 

We also have what we like to call 'mates'. Basically a soulmate literally.  The Moon Goddess picks two people to be together. They can reject each other if they want. But when they are together the feel like they have bond to be together which they do. You cannot see that bond but only they can feel, its invisible. It's quite powerful.

If rejected they feel as if someone ripped their heart out and stabbed it. I don't want to feel like that. But I really want to meet mine. Today's is the day I could possibly meet mine. Hopefully he's in my pack.

"Riley you have 45 minutes!!"my mom yells.

"Ok!,"I scream back.

I rush to my closet to search for the perfect outfit. I try on clothes for about 10 minutes. Ok I lied 20 minutes. It was hard ok!

Finally I found some dark blue jeans and an olive green crop top that says birthday girl. I bought it a year ago but haven't wore it. I find white high tops and a silver necklace.This should be nice. I grabbed a silver bracelet that has paw prints on them. Yes werewolves are allergic to silver but I have the special kind that is wearable. I forgot what it is called.

I didn't need my back pack because it's the last day. I head down stairs into the kitchen. I grabbed a granola bar and $20 from the counter for my lunch.

Honk!Honk!

That's my cue to leave. My best friend, Rachel and I ride to school everyday. We known each other since like forever. I would ride with my brother Rider but he doesn't feel like waking up early for school. Only because he doesn't go. He's graduated last year. Lucky.

"Mom I'm leaving!" I yell while shutting the door. I lock it and walk to the car.

"Hey Ri." She says.
She doesn't remember!?
"Hey." I say dully.
"Sooo... aren't you excited." She asks.
"For what?"
"It's our last day silly!" She punches my arm playfully.

I sit up in the seat and buckle my seatbelt.

We get to the school. Students in their little groups or cliques .

Me and Rachel make our way inside.

"See you at lunch." Ra says as part ways. I waved goodbye and head towards my locker. I put in my code and open my locker. Hold on wait, we ain't learning today. Yes! I fist pump silently. Did I just do that??

I close my locker and turn around.
2  human girls look at me with shocked faces. They began whispering things to one another. Stupid humans I can hear you. I strain my ears as I walk past them.
" --That girl is totally a weirdo."
--"What's up with her eyes??"
They start to laugh. I don't see anything funny. What did I ever do to them??

I brush it off and enter my homeroom. I need to to stop worrying. Today is My birthday.
I put a smile on face and take my seat.

🕐 Lunch

Alrighty then. I enter the lunchroom. I take my seat in front of Rachel just like always. Our table is called and we get in line for our food. As we're in line I smell the most mouthwatering scent.
Mate! my wolf purrs. Yay I got my wolf!!

My name Lee I'm your wolf, that smell is mate! Find him please!

My wolf seems really excited about meeting our mate and so am I. I grab my tray and walk around the lunchroom tables. I give up so I sat down.

" What was that all about all Ri!?" Rachel yells at me as she sat down.

I smile sheepishly as I look up at her" I think, I found, my mate!"

"What!? Wow and who?!" She exclaims.
" I don't know yet but he's here," I sigh.

"But what If I don't find him? What if I'm too ugly ,or not good enough ,or--- "
Rachel cuts me off saying, " Ri you are beautiful, I'm sure he'll love you. Plus you're his mate of course he'll find you attractive."

I hug her ,"Thanks Ray you're the best." 

We dump our trays and exit the lunchroom. We walk side by side to my Language Arts class. We hug and part ways once again. I look back to see if she was still there, she wasn't. 

The halls began to empty as students rushed to their classes. I needed to go the restroom. 

I sped my pace not wanting to hear my teacher fuss about being late even though I really don't care.