3.

Nandini was sitting with her back resting against the terrace wall while manik was lying down with his head on her lap. He was holding her right hand that was wrapped around his chest while her left fingers were playing with his hair

Manik was intently staring at the stars. Nandini was keenly observing his facial features. His eyes that held everything. His lips that were rough when interlocked with her plump ones but the smile on it was more peaceful than any fairy angel. His perfect jaw line that gave his face the greek-ish look.

Nandini never realised that while thinking all this her fingers had started moving on his face. Manik was enjoying her feather touch. Nandini was still lost in her thoughts when her fingers touched his lips once again. Manik smirked lightly and pecked her fingers.

Feeling he movement of his lips under her finger tips nandini pulled her hand back and shifted her gaze towards the flooring. Tint of red adored her cheeks while her flowy hair covered her face. Still lying in the same position manik lifted his hand and tucked her hair behind her ear. Nandini's eyes were tightly shut while her lips were pressed together.

Manik got up and sat facing her. He placed his index finger under his chin and turned her face towards him. Nandini pressed her lips and shut her eyes more tightly. Manik gently moved closer and very gently yet with a force kissed her cheeks.

Manik: Gosh! Nandini you are so cute.

Embarrassed she hugged him tightly. Manik's chest vibrated with laughter while nandini too had a small smile on her lips. After breaking the hug they both looked at each other.

Nandini: I will cherish this moment always.

Manik:Me Too

Nandini:you know manik in the past days I realised one thing that all I want from life is you. I want only and only you manik.

Manik smiled widely listening to her confession.

Nandini:this smile brightens my world. Tum mujhe kehte ho na ki I m your star which shines in darkness. Then manik you are my firefly that spreads happiness and love in my lonely world.

Manik scooted even more closer to nandini and placed a light kiss on her forehead.

Manik:waise nandini tumhe nhi lagta firefly thoda cheesy ho gya. I mean monster manik se firefly.

Nandini:you are MY monster manik and MY firefly.

Not giving him any chance nandini hugged him tightly. Manik joined in the hug. The aura around them was very peaceful and calm. Nandini withdrew back from the hug while manik smiled seeing her red cheeks. Not wanting to make it awkward for her, he silently again laid down with his head in her lap.

Nandini started caressing his hair lovingly. Manik was looking at the stars. It was all very serene. They spoke in soft hushed voices.

Nandini:kuch puchna hai, puchu?

Manik:Hmmm...pucho

Nandini:navya ke baare main. I mean suddenly yeh itni care and all. I just hope this is not out of sympathy na manik. What you said there was true na.

Manik smiled: I know you are worried for your best friend nandini. But no, this is not out of some sympathy. It's how I feel when I m around her. You know with her around one can feel warmth and care radiating from her. I feel protective for her. And this protective is different from what I feel for Fab5 or you. I mean okay she is a little weird. Actually very weird.

Nandini playfully hit him on his shoulder while manik chuckled.

Manik: on a serious note, yes she can be irritating at times with her madhubala nature but that's how she is. And maybe that's what makes her different and special. Special for you as a best-friend. Special for mukti as a soul friend. Special for cabir as a lover and special for me as a sister. I don't know nandini uss waqt mujhe jo laga maine kaha. Mujhe jo theek laga maine woh kiya.