10.

Even before Nyonika could get a chance to react to Manik's sarcasm the door bell rang indicating the arrival of someone. Manik and Mahir looked at each other and smirked. Nandini had her fingers interlaced and all she did was chant aiyappa's name.

All of them turned around to see a delivery boy standing there with a big parcel.

Delivery Boy: Mr. Manik Malhotra your parcel from Amazon.in

Manik: oh yeaaaahhh! Finally it arrived.

Manik walked towards the door murmuring: And The game begins........

Manik recieved the big parcel. He turned around and walked inside the house when the delivery boy called out.

Delivery Boy: Sir the payment.......

Manik: aaahhh yeahhh

Manik was holding the parcel in his both hands and was looking around. He then looked at Nyonika and smiled very sweetly.

Manik: aaah! Nyonika can you please do the payment. You see my hands are locked.

Manik raised the parcel a little to show that his hands were busy.

Manik: so I can't take out the card. If you could swipe yours.....

Nyonika was literally feeling a whirlpool of emotions within her. Frustration, anger, irritation, fear, vexation, annoyance, bitterness and every other adjective. For the first time in life she didn't know what was going on and she didn't have any clue as to eat would happen ahead. She could clearly see that the two Malhotra men had something cooking in their minds, but what that she couldn't make out. The only thing that she was very sure of was that she was screwed.

Mahir: Nyonika......make the payment.

Mahir raised his eyebrows. Nyonika smiled weakly. Nodding her head she took the clutch lying on the sofa and proceeded towards the door. Passing manik she looked at his face who was smiling extra sweetly.

Manik: Thank you so very much Nyonika.

Nyonika glared at him but every person present there knew that neither before nor today was Nyonika's anger going to have any effect on Manik.

Nyonika pulled out her card and gave the delivery boy standing there. He swiped the card. Meanwhile manik threw the box on the sofa. He then settled on the arm of the sofa smirking, enjoying the scene that was unfolding in front of his eyes. Mahir too settled on the couch. Nandini who was still standing in one corner looked at manik and once again nodded her head horizontally.

Manik blinked his eyes and guestured her to come near. She walked closer to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. Manik took that hand interlaced their fingers and kissed their joint hands. Nandini felt relief coursing through her. Manik then smiled looking in her eyes. Their trance was broken when the delivery boy spoke.

Delivery Boy: ma'am your card has been declined.

Nyonika: what nonsense! Wapas try karo.

Scared of Nyonika's anger, the delivery boy swiped the card again.

Delivery Boy: ma'am again it's showing declined.

Mahir: dusra card dedo na Nyonika.

Not wanting to create any more drama, Nyonika snatched the card back and then thumped another card in the boy's hand.

Delivery Boy: ma'am this one is blocked.

Nyonika: Bullshit!

Nyonika pulled the machine from the guy and then swiped on her own. The six letter word "BLOCKED" on the small screen of the machine paled Nyonika's face.