11.

Manik stood there paralysed. Nandini too was under shock. Mahir was looking at Manik who simply refused to accept the fact.

Manik: Stop lying. And just leave the goddamn place. Leave now before I am forced to call the cops.

Nyonika: call whosoever you want to Manik. But get this straight I am not lying. Ask your own father. Ask him.

Nyonika's confidence shook Manik. One thing Manik knew was that Nyonika would never challenge him if she wasn't sure. Manik looked at Mahir who was looking at him apologetically.

Manik mock laughed. Slowly he started laughing more loudly. Ironically at the same time tears had started falling from his eyes. Nandini held his hand and looked at him uth tearful eyes. Manik jerked her hand. With his hands on his waist, Manik paced around the living room. He was inhaling deep breathes to calm himself down. Unable to do so, Manik grabbed the lamp, lying on table next to the couches, and smashed it on the floor.

Mahir closed his eyes, a lone tear escaped his eyes. Nyonika scrunched her eyebrows and then rolled her eyes. While for Nandini she palmed her ears and closed her eyes. There was complete silence in the room except for Manik's ragging breathe. Nandini walked to him and calmed him down by engulfing his huffing frame in her warmth and peaceful hug.

Manik forcefully separated himself from Nandini. He went and stood in front of Mahir. He opened his mouth to say something but closed again. Not even a single word came out of his mouth. Standing there, face to face with Manik, Mahir nodded his head in a NO telling Manik that he is misunderstanding the whole thing.

Manik just kept looking at Mahir blankly. Each time he opened his mouth nothing came out neither a curse nor a complaint. After minutes of silence Manik was able to utter only a single word.

Manik: Why?

Mahir didn't say anything and simply kept looking at Manik trying to understanding whether he was saying this in anger or was genuinely demanding an explanation.

Nyonika: I don't think Mahir will be able to tell you about his shameful deeds ........

Before Nyonika could complete Manik yelled.

Manik: JUST SHUT UP! STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THIS. This is OUR family matter. And YOU are not welcomed HERE. Just LEAVE. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU. What happens next is between me and my dad. LEAVEEEEEE.

Manik's last words echoed in the entire mansion. Mahir and Nandini both were shocked. None of them had expected to Manik would take a stand for Mahir. Manik didn't even wait for another second there. Very harshly pushing Mahir aside Manik went up to his room. Nandini stood there looking at Mahir and  Nyonika. Mahir with eyes indicated her to go. Nandini nodded and followed Manik upstairs.

Nyonika standing there was looking at Mahir.

Mahir: mil gaya shaanti tumhe. Jaate jaate bhi tumne ek aur rishta tod diya na. Pehle hi mera beta mujhse dur tha. Ab shayad meri taraf dekhega bhi nahi.

Nyonika rolled her eyes. Mahir folded his hands in front of her, in anger.

Mahir: don't force me ki main tumhari saath gusse main kuch galat karu. Isse pehle ki main apni saari hadde paar kar du aur bhool jao ki tum ek aurat please......

Mahir with hands indicated towards the door. Nyonika took the file, signed the papers and threw the papers on Mahir's chest. Mahir closed his eyes. He gritted his teeth so hard that all the strained nerves of his face were visible. Nyonika pointed a finger at him and said. ....

Nyonika: Remember Mr. Mahir Malhotra it's not over. I will be back and avenge this insult. Remember Nyonika will be back.

Mahir simply looked at her walk out with attitude. As soon as Nyonika steeped out of the threshold Mahir banged the doors close on her face. Nyonika with revenge and anger in her eyes walked out of the mansion. None of the drivers or the watchman dared to say anything or stopped her.