4.

Nandini:Can I open the gift?

Manik:Of course. Go ahead.

Nandini gleed happily. Like a kid she opened the gift wrapping. She kept looking at the velvet box trying to guess what it was. She looked up at manik who guestured her to open the box. Nandini opened the lid and was extremely surprised seeing the dazzling yet simple diamond hoops in them.

Nandini:Manik

Nandini:Manik.....This....This is just so....so beautiful. I mean....I love it....but this.....wouldn't this be costly. Aiyappa! Manik what was the need for this.

Manik:ssssshhhhh. Like I said a token of love for my love. For being there with me. For being by my side when I needed her the most.

Nandini:I will always be by your side. And it's not something out of compulsion. It's what I do out of love. And I will keep doing things that make you happy. Always.

Manik smiled:And I will keep showering you with my love in every possible way. Always.

Nandini looked down. Her flowy open hair falling on her face blocking manik's view. Manik gently tucked the strands behind her ear.

Manik:In the past 8 months of us being together we have never really got any perfect opportunity to be together. We might have been in love but we have never got any opportunity to showcase our love. You know we men always have dreams about how we would treat out girlfriends slash wives. But I never got any opportunity to do so. Ya toh hum khud aapas main lad rhe the. Ya phir hum kisi aur se lad rhe the ya kuch aur. Hum saath ho kar bhi saath nahi the nandini.

Manik cupped her cheeks and placed a small lingering kiss on her forehead.

Manik:Hence I have decided ki aaj se, Abhi iss waqt se jo waqt humara hai na nandini usme hum koi compromise nahi krege.

Nandini smirked: aur agar hum lad rhe ho toh?

Manik smiled sheepishly:kar lege kuch jugaad. Break le lege. Waise bhi our track record says ki yeh breaks na humare relationship ke liye bohot beneficial prove hue hai.

Nandini laughed listening to him. Manik too joined her. Both were standing leaning against the car. Nandini was caressing the earrings.

Manik:accha tell me do you like them?

Nandini:manik I already told you. I love them. Actually wait......

Nandini placed the box in his hands. Manik looked at it confused. He saw nandini taking off the earrings that she was already wearing. He smiled understanding what she was upto.

Nandini took off both the earrings and placed them inside her clutch. She stepped closer to manik. Turning her face towards right she indirectly indicated manik to make her wear the earrings. More than happy to do so manik took out the earrings from the box and tucked one of them in her left ear.