7.

Pune.
Next day, 8 A.M.
Manik walked inside the house to see his dad sitting with the newspaper with his track suit on.

Manik:Hey dad!

Manik's dad looked up from the newspaper extremely surprised to see manik standing in front of his eyes that too at 8 in the morning. He stood up and both father and son hugged each other. Both wiped the lone tear that escaped their eye.

They never could stay together even if they wanted to, reason obvious Nyonika. The court had given manik's custody to Nyonika stating he needed mother's love. Only if the law knew that she was nothing like a mother and was never capable to give even half percent of mothers love that manik deserved.

Mr. Mahir Malhotra being so wealthy could have transferred the custody to his name. But how could the she-devil give away her only trump card. Manik was the only key for Nyonika to wealthy bank balance. All her life she was only bothered about money. Emotions, feeling, relations didn't matter to her.

She had always used manik's weaknesses as her strengths. She was never like this. But as they say na paise ki chamak ke aage Dil dikhta nahi. Same was the case with Nyonika. Success and power had blinded her. She kept a father away from his son. She deprived her own son of family love. She never let her in laws meet their grandson.

The only thing she feared was what if Mr. Malhotra stopped sending money into her account, what if Mr. Malhotra decides to use powers and snatch manik away. She always tried to portray in front of Mr. Malhotra that she was a perfect gaurdian for manik and was fulfilling all his needs. She never let the father and son contact each other. Everytime manik would go to meet Mahir, she would have made a deal with manik that would force him to shut his mouth.

Mahir patted manik's back and both sat down on the couch. That is when Mahir noticed the back folder in maniks hands.

Mahir smiled sarcastically: aaj kounse papers pe mere signatures chahiye manik.

Manik:meri freedom ke papers par.

Mahir: matlab?

Manik forwarded the file to Mahir who opened it and read the papers with a frown. His eyes widened when he realised what it was

Mahir: Termination Of Gaurdianship.......tu Nyonika ki guardianship kyu terminate kar rha hai.......achanak kya ho gya......usne kuch kiya kya?

Manik:kuch!

Manik laughed, sarcastically.

Manik:bohot kuch kiya hai jiska aapko thoda sa bhi idea nahi hai. Aur main ab tang aa gya hoon uske roz ke chochlon se. I m fed up of her and I cant live with that lady anymore.

Mahir: aisa kya hua manik. Mujhe jaan na hai sab.

Manik:ab jaan ke kya kar loge aap dad. Jab barah saal pehle kuch nahi kiya toh ab kya kar loge. I just need your signatures on these papers. Aur waise bhi aaj itna puch tach kyu? Aaj se pehle toh har paper ko bina padh sign kar liya hai. Phir aaj suddenly yeh itni care, security, questions kyu dad?

Mahir sat there silently listening to manik rant. Manik was right on his part. But so was Mahir.

Manik:agar isse pehle ke papers ko bhi itna dhyaan se padha hota aur phir sign kiye hote toh shayad aaj mujhe yeh karna hi nahi padhta. Bohot pehle hi meri life sort ho chuki hoti.

Mahir: tujhe kya lagta hai manik mujhe kuch pta nahi hai. Kya main nahi jaanta Nyonika ke extra marital affairs, band of boys ka tootna, Harshad aur Nyonika ka relation, Nyonika ke "give and takes", Fab5 ko target bana ke tujhse kaam nikal wana. Tujhe main itna nikamma aur nich lagta hoon kya manik?