16

#NotEdited

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Manik looked up at Nandini. She faintly smiled. Seeing her determined face Manik sighed. He closed his eyes. In an instant he felt her hands ruffling his hair calming him down. Without opening his eyes he spoke.

Manik: Nyonika was very happy when I was born. Not because she became a mother or I was her flesh. Naah! She was happy as now I was her way to my father's overflowing back accounts. I was basically a blank cheque for her. My parents were so involved in their lives that they didn't bother about me. They never were. Dad was busy in his business world and probably with his love. I don't know. And Nyonika.....I have no words to praise her. She kept me away from my family and my family also never made any attempts to meet me. I was always under the care of the servants and nanny. You know I had became such a spoilt brat that nobody wished to live with me more than a month. har mahine ek nayi nanny slash caretaker. Some strict, some careless, some loving, some understanding. But everyone left me within a months time.

Nandini caressed his cheeks. Manik held her hand. He kissed her knuckles.

Manik: I had started to believe that no one will ever love me and I m born to live alone all my life and that's when i met Fab5. We were a bunch of broken kids. I was living a totally isolated life, Mukti somewhere had a very similar life as mine, Cabir was broken as his twin brother had been seprated from him cause of his parents separation.

Nandini interrupted him: twin brother!!!!!!

Manik: ya.....twin brother....Ranbir. Cabir was very close to his brother. They are identical twins. But due to the divorce of their parents Cabir's custody came with Aunty and Uncle got Ranbir's custody and then Ranbir got admitted in a military school which totally broke Cabir and Ranbir's contact due to strict rules of Military school.

Nandini: who can ever think that the ever jolly and prankster Cabir could have had a bad past like this.

Manik: I know right. And then we met Dhruv the silent boy. You know why he is always this silent.

Nandini nodded in no.

Manik: His parents always had to keep shifting due to his father's job and due to which schools changed and neighbourhoods changed. He never had any proper friend till he joined Warrior High. You know the first time I saw him, he was sitting on the stairs and strumming a guitar. That's how we bonded. I didn't even realise when we became so close. Itna ki I confined in him. Aisa ni hai ki I couldn't confide in Cabir. Ofcourse he was the one who knew about me even before I worded it. But he was always like urm you know jo tumhe samjhaye aur sahi raasta dikhaye. Lekin Dhruv is someone who patiently listened to me.

Nandini smiled affectionately and continued ruffling his hair. Manik smiled recollecting old memories

Manik: It was like Dhruv let me vent out my anger without getting scared and calmed me down while Cabir was the one who always explained me the difference between the right and wrong. And you know what was the worst part.

Nandini: what

Manik: jab bichara Dhruv is bearing all my anger and calming me down Cabir sat there eating something, making weird sounds and above all cracked lame jokes that made me so angry that sometimes I felt like actually choking him to death.

Nandini burst out laughing.

Nandini: typical Cabir

Manik: Matlab agar maine kabhi koi diwaar pe punch maara na toh he would be like Kya Manik itna chicken khane ka kya fayda! Ek diwar ni tod paaya toh. Sheeee! Meri saari parvarish par pani pher diya tune. Aur thoda strong punch maar na. Unn Useless biceps ka kuch toh istamaal kar.