21

Manik pulled Nandini to the backyard of the college where his car was parked. It was a totally isolated place since everyone was inside the college enjoying the party. As soon as they reached near the car, Nandini hugged him tightly. Manik smiled and hugged her back with equal vigour.

Nandini kept tightening her hold on him while Manik too returned the favour squeezing her petite frame in his hulk arms. Still in the hug Nandini looked up at his face. Manik's face was split in arms wide grin. He placed a tight kiss on her nose. Nandini smiled and raised herself a little to kiss his cheeks.

Manik: itna miss kiya mujhe?

Nandini: Hmmmm

Manik: maine bhi bohot miss kiya.

Nandini: jhoot.

Manik: le kyu?

Nandini whispered: miss kiya hota toh itna tadpate thodi. Pata hai kitni pareshaan thi main.

Manik: pata hai na.....Lekin tum jaanti ho na tumhe irritate kare bina mera din pura nahi hota.

Nandini smacked his arms and pushed him away. She turned around showing her back to Manik indicating that she was hell angry with him.
Manik smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist. He placed his chin on her shoulder. He poked her red puffed cheeks with his index finger.

Manik: arrreeee Baap reeeeee.....meri jaana toh mujhse bohottt gussa hai.

Nandini simply hmmed and slightly wriggled to tell him that she was very angry. Manik tightened his hold.

Manik: toh ab main aisa kya karu jisse meri Nandini mujhe maaf kar de. Hmmm?

Nandini gave him a blank look. She pushed him away. Manik held her wrist and stopped her from going away. He started reciting to manaofy her.

Manik: Tu aivein russeya na kar meri sohniye. Aivein russeya na kar meri heeriye. Ke tere baajon koi vi nahi mera. Ke tere baajon koi vi nahi…

Nandini jolted around totally flabbergasted. She looked at Manik with wide eyes that reflected her amazement. Manik smiled. He yanked her closer to him. She was still in a trance listening to him recite something in his mother tongue.

Nandini whispered: it's a first.

Manik nodded: it is indeed a first.

Nandini caressed his mole. Her eyes mirrored her thoughts and emotions. She was an open to book to Manik.

Nandini: what does it mean?

Manik: tumhe ni samjha?

Nandini nodded.

Manik: I though Chachi se thoda toh punjabi seekhi hogi.

Nandini: seekhne ki koshish ki thi lekin ni hua toh chhod diya. Batao na what it means.

They were talking in hushed amd husky voices. Nandini was caressing his facial features. While Manik too was playing with her hair strands. They were so close that even their slow voices could be heard clearly.

Manik: It means, Don't be upset with me my darling, my beloved. I have no one except for you.

Nandini's smile increased and she in an instant wrapped her hands around his neck and hugged him tightly. She gently placed her lips on his cheeks and kissed it, letting her lips linger on his cheek for a while. Manik closed his eyes cherishing the moment.

Manik: accha let me see how you look.....dekhne bhi diya bas ekdum se aake chipak gayi.....kya yaar Nandini......kaise hai tum!

Nandini hit him on his bicep making him chuckle. Nandini too laughed along with him. Manik held her arms and turned her little towards left and then right admiring her from head to toe.