9.

Manik's car entered the mansion gate. Both of them got down and were about to enter the mansion when Manik spotted Mahir sitting on the pavement of their lawn. Confused, Manik and Nandini looked at each other. Manik mouthed the word 'Dad' while nandini ohhed.

Both walked towards him. Mahir was staring at his phone screen. Lone tears were escaping his eyes while he stared at the mobile screen with love filled eyes. Manik and nandini walked upto where Mahir was sitting while Mahir was too lost to care about his surroundings.

Manik placed his hand on Mahir's shoulder. Mahir's eyes widened in shock and fear. He turned around and saw manik standing there. In fear he stood up with a jerk causing his cell to slip from his hands and fall on the grass. Manik's scrunched his brows together seeing Mahir in such a state.

Manik eyed the phone that was lying on grass. He bend down to pick Mahir's phone. Before manik could grab the phone Mahir snatched it. His face was covered in sweat while he was breathing heavily. Manik was now puzzled seeing his father like this.

Manik:Dad aap theek toh hai? Aap aise? Woh bhi yahan lawn main?

Mahir: na...nah....nahi.....ku.....kuch nahi.....woh...woh main

Mahir internally breathed and closed his eyes.

Mahir:woh bade Dino baad yahan aaya na toh socha thodi der khuli hawa main baith jao. Bas isiliye.

Manik: Dad aap ro rhe the? Kuch toh hua hai? Nyonika ne kuch bola? Aur aap toh Malhotra Industries gayeeee.......

Manik's eyes widened in realisation as to what possibly could have happened there.

Manik: Did you.....did you by any chance encounter Nyonika with......

Manik was interrupted by Mahir.

Mahir: chhod na manik!

A sudden silence spread in the surrounding. Nandini who was standing only for manik suddenly started feeling that she shouldn't have come there. She was all fidgety. Mahir who saw her smiled and looked at manik who was angry and was burning in rage ready to explode any moment, but more than that he was embarrassed.

Mahir placed his hand on Manik's shoulder. Manik looked up. He was about to apologise to Mahir. Inspite of knowing that Nyonika would be upto another of her cheap acts he let Mahir go all alone there. Mahir nodded his head in a no. He then pointed towards nandini and raised his eyebrows. Manik had a faint smile on his lips and he nodded yes.

Mahir: toh tum ho woh angel jiske aane se mere manik ka Dil parivartan hogya.

Nandini's eyes widened for a second followed by red colouration of her cheeks. Manik too bit his lips while Mahir was controlling himself from not burst out laughing.

Manik: Daddddd!

Mahir: badi soni kudi hai!

Mahir patted nandini's head who in return smiled sweetly.

Mahir: betaji aap kaha iss nalayak se saath phas gaye!

Manik: hawwww dad!

Manik pulled nandini in his embrace.
Nandini was all shocked, shy, embarrassed.

Manik: iss baat se toh nandini bhi agree karegi ki I m the best for her. Huh!

Nandini pushed manik and went and stood beside Mahir

Nandini: excuse me Mr. Malhotra! Kisne kaha aapse yeh! Iss galat phemi main bilkul mat rehna ki aap mere liye best hai. Aapse aur bhi better choices thi mere paas.

Manik: acchaaawwwww!

Nandini nodded with a sly smile.

Manik: toh kyu nahi gayi aapki "better choices" ke pass