23

Manik: Nan.....Nandini.......look i....i just went with the flow.......i......i am sorry...

The blank look on Nandini's face made Manik think a lot of things, negative to be precise. He was scared. What if she thought low of him? The relationship that he was trying to mend will be marred. The awkwardness that was gone might just come back; and instead of reducing, the distance of formality might just increase between them. Manik cupped her cheeks. He tried reading her eyes. One thing he was sure of that atleast this time Nandini wont friendzone him. Maybe!

Manik: tum.....tum mujhe "friendzone" karne ka toh nahi soch rhi ho na

Nandini who was lost in her own train thoughts snapped out of it and looked at him in shock. A minute later she burst out laughing. Manik made a bad face.

Manik:haan haan uda lo mazak mera.......yeh accha hai khud heart attack do aur phir khud hi khi khi karo.......tumhe kya pata how it feels to be "friendzoned"

Manik spoke emphasizing the word friend zone.

Manik: actually idea bura nahi.....main tumhe aaj se friendzone karta hoon. Tumhe bhi toh pata chale kaisa lagta hai.

Nandini:pakka na?

Manik:haan haan pakka.

Nandini:toh phir i think i should go na.......friends dont stay so late out of their house na.....toh chalo bye Manik

Nandini started walking out of the room. Manik who was expecting a opposite reaction was shocked seeing nandini agree to him. Manik quickly pulled her back. He clutched her tightly making her gasp.

Manik: aye kahan!!!

Nandini: tumne hi kaha na now i am your friend.......

Nandini was smirking while Manik made a poker face.

Manik: haan woh toh main......listen tum jaanti ho i was just fooling around......stop pretending okay!

Now it was Nandini who was looking at him with narrow eyes.

Nandini: ohhhhhhh so now i am pretending.......

Manik: of course!

Nandini: really! and what are you doing?

Manik smiled goofily.

Manik: i was just being a loving boyfriend!

Nandini: Loving boyfriends dont tease their girlfriends

Manik: thats because not every boyfriend on this planet has an adorably cute girlfriend like you naaa.

Nandini rolled here eyes.

Nandini: stop flattering me......

Manik: arrey i am serious......kabhi apne aap ko humari nazron se dekhiye toh pata chale aapko ki kya heera paaya hai humne!

Nandini: i am telling you manik stay away from navya! She is making you dramatic like her.......aur waise bhi monster manik pe yeh sab suit nahi karta.

Manik: haan yeh toh hai monster manik pe suit nahi karta........lekin Nandini ke Manik pe toh karta hai na.

Nandini hit him on his chest. Manik laughed and hugged her.

Manik: can i ask you something.

Nandini: mmmhhh hhmmm

Manik: ni....its fine....chhodo

Nandini: Manik...... the note wasnt high!

Manik: hain?!

Nandini: yeah