18.

#NotEdited

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Mukti was sitting with her phone and this was the 4th time since morning that she has restarted it. Frustrated she threw her phone on the bed and sighed. Sitting on the couch, hugging a pillow she kept looking out of the window wondering why the hell on earth was Abhimanyu not answering her calls or replying to her texts.

She was lost in her thoughts when the doorbell rang. Having already informed the butlers that she didn't want to interact with anyone she simply closed her eyes. Her trance was broken by a knock on the door.

Mukti: koun hai?

Voice: Mukti, it's me Nandini.

Surprised, Mukti sprung immediately off the cuch and opened the door in a jiffy.

Mukti: Tum? Yaha? Matlab aise suddenly?

Nandini: haan woh actually I wanted to talk to you.

Mukti: me? Urm okay... Tell me...

Nandini: yahan nahi neeche chalte hai na

Mukti: arrey come inside na hum ander baith ke baat karte hai na....

Nandini was peeking inside her room constantly.

Nandini: nahi neeche baith ke baat karte hai na.

Suddenly a sound was heard and both of them stopped and looked behind. Before Mukti could go and see what it was Nandini stopped her 

Nandini: arrey mukti woh mujhe na late ho raha hai woh Manik wait kar raha hoga meri toh main phir kabhi aati hoon.....okay bye.

Mukti: arrey waittttt!

Nandini: haa...haannn

Mukti: Manik neeche hai??

Nandini first nodded her head in yes and then again no.

Mukti: Tum kya kehna chahti ho Nandini.

Mukti ho was already irritated since morning was fling even more frustrated seeing Nandini's weird behaviour. First all of sudden Nandini came to her house. Not that she minded but it was so sudden that she had no idea how to react. Then she says she wants to talk and then she says she doesn't want to talk. Irritated Mukti gritted her teeth.

Mukti: Nandini what is it? What do you want? Tum yeh please......Tumhe kuch kaam tha.

Nandini again simply nodded her head.

Mukti: Kya?

Nandini: mera kaam ho gya. Ab main chali. Bye. Have a good time.

Without even waiting for Mukti's reply Nandini hop skipped her way down the stairs. She was giggling all the way down. Manik who was standing at the end of the stairs saw her and smiled. He pulled her closer, picked her up and twirled her making her giggle louder while Manik too had hug smile seeing her like that. After a few twirls he kept her down and snickered thinking about Mukti's reaction.

Upstairs Mukti let out a frustrated sigh.

Mukti: I am sure this must be one of the pranks by Manik and Cabir aur Nandini ko bhej diya hoga. They know I will never say no to her. I swear mere saamne aaye na toh dono kameeno ko chhodungi nahi main.

Mukti closed the door with a loud bang. Hearing the sound of the door Manik and Nandini closed their ears before looking at each other and smiled again.

Mukti turned around and her eyes fell on her phone. With a tinge of hope in her heart she picked up her cell and dialed Abhimanyu's number. Listening to his call getting transferred to the answering machine she sighed and murmured