Chapter 17: Worried

Daiki's POV

I smiled at my brother after that though deep inside I felt so nervous.

"Alright! Dinner's ready!" Mom announces happily pushing us all to the kitchen. I just chuckled at Mom.

My brother sat across me while Yuyan beside me.

"Omurisuuu~" Both me and my brother Ryuu mumbles after Mom placed the food at the table. I looked across me where Ryuu is currently chuckling.

"Nii-chan's still the same~ I know that it will be your reaction." Ryuu chuckled once more before he began talking to Mom about his school... abroad?

"Ne, you are attending school abroad?" The question suddenly slipped out my lips.

"Eh? Nii-chan doesn't know? I live with Papa in America. Doushite?" He asked confused or rather shocked with what I've asked.

I shake my head and clasp my hands together before mumbling 'itadakimasu'.

When I began eating my omurice I can't help but to think deeply on my memories with Ryuu when we're still a kid but nothing is popping out of my head that made me so curious.

If not because of Yuyan's squeeze on my hand I wouldn't snapped back to reality and notice that he's still here.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

"Daijoubu~" I assured him before lightly squeezing back his hand.

I remained silent after that and just eat my omurice while I listened to Ryuu's story about America.

Yuya's POV

I'm worried.

I'm overthinking.

I  can't read my Dai-chan this time.

I know he needed time to think before he tells me what's going on.

"Yuya, I'll just be at the living room." Daiki said to me after he ate.

Ryuu which is Daiki's brother and her mom was currently washing the dishes. I decided to just follow Daiki to the living room but a hand on my shoulder made me stop.

"I need to talk to you."

I blinked but followed Ryuu upstairs.

"You are nii-chan's boyfriend?"

He asked with an irritating tone.

"I am." I answered plainly.

"Sou... so nii-chan and you are both.." he smirked.

He pat my shoulder when he walked passed me but what he whispered is cleared to be heared by me.

"...gays..."

That made me gritted my teeth and I think something's wrong here.

...I don't like Daiki's brother.

Arioka-san's POV

I'm so glad to meet my younger son after so many years. He is grown up indeed and handsome too.

I didn't know something like this would happen though.

Daiki never heared of his father 'cause I don't want him to hate his father by telling him the his father having an affair with someone.

Also... that day happened. That made me be scared to death so I don't wanna let him know about it as far as possible even if this mean lying to my older son.

Ryuu suddenly texted me saying he's at the Narita airport and that he wanted to stay here for good.

He told me the reason why he was staying here in Japan and that is... their father was dead already in an accident.

A sudden pinch was felt from my heart since we didn't got separated in papers.

By the way, all I need to think is to enroll Ryuu on Dai-chan's school for his studies. Their gap was only 2 years though and Ryuu is advance so maybe he'll be the same level like Dai-chan. Oh well ...

"Mom?"

"Yes Ryuu?" I answered my younger son after I opened the door of the master's bedroom.

"Can I be in the same room as Nii-chan? I miss sleeping with nii-chan every night."

"I don't think that's possible Ryuu..."

"Eh? Nande?"

"Because....

Dai-chan can't remember anything about you."

I smiled softly.

"Eh...?" I know Ryuu will react this way but it's fine to let him know while still early so Daiki will not feel nervous around him.

"Daiki had an accident 5 years ago..."

"Why's that... I didn't know about that. Mom?" Ryuu is now gawking shocked.

"Because you are living fine in America I don't want you to force your father to send you here."

5 years ago...

"Mom I'm gonna buy something at the conveniece store." Daiki said after his Mom washed the dishes after dinner.

"Eh? Okay, but be careful the sun's out already."

"Haaaai~" 12 years old Daiki answered.

Daiki was walking slowly down the streets to the conveniece store when suddenly after he crossed the street a shout was heard.

"Tasukette!" It was a girl's voice.

Daiki was about to walk away but there were no people walking except him and the voice is coming across the street where he just came from.

He bit his lip and he cannot stop the urge to help the girl.

"Oi! Stop that! You're hurting her!"

She was around my age but what is she doing this late out of the streets?

"Who are you?" The man asked after he let go of the girl and now facing Daiki

"Someone who'll kicked you!"

Just then, Daiki kicked his crotch and signals for the girl to run away. But before Daiki himself can run away to the opposite way the man stands up and just then he felt the pushed from his back towards the street.

Exactly the car was running fastly that caught Daiki hitting him in an instant making him loss his consciousness and blood flow from his head.

"I was relieved when I found out that the driver was kind enough to sent Daiki at the hospital and be responsible for the fee. Or else I lose your nii-chan now.."

I looked at Ryuu and ruffle his hair.

"It's just that, the Doctor said that he can't remember the person who's very dear to him because of too much emotion causing Daiki."

Ryuu was silent.

"Gomene Ryuu.. try to make nii-chan remember you slowly okay?"

Ryuu can only nod before he got back to him own room.

Someone's POV

"Baka ! The information you collected is all wrong!" Someone yelled angrily on his phone.

"No! I won't give you money because of your stupid mistake." After that he hung up the phone.

"Now how could I get my revenge again? Where should i start?" A smirked can clearly be seen on his face.

I hate you. Your promise. Where is that now..?