Chapter 39

ABS POV

As we got closer and closer towards brads apartment, I became more nervous by the second. I mean I only brought him chocolate and I only got him that because I told him not to buy anything for me. I still feel bad.

As we approached brads house he let go of my hand and unlocked the front door before welcoming me inside.

"Yeah, we got all the stupid stuff out the way and it's back to normal" brad said, cheerily.

he asked me to sit on the sofa whilst he goes and gets my present. the more I waited for him to come back, the more I wanted to run home.

but no, no I will not be a baby!

"I'M BACK!!!!" Brad made me jump out of my skin. i was facing the other way to see him running back in.

"wait, wait you have to open my presents first." I declared.

"ok, well. fine"

Brad came and sat next to me on the sofa and i passed him the present bag. You see, there all wrapped up, one by one. Each chocolate is differently wrapped and they all look different. when i passed it to brad, his eyes widened and looked at me.

"you didn't have to you k-" i interrupted him

"just open it!"

after i said that he started opening each present. He must of been hungry because he was eating them all as he was opening another one. how can one boy eat five chocolate bars in a matter of seconds?

"hungry?"

"mmmm" he asked with his mouthful of food.

nice, how lady like.

wait no, forget i said that.

brad opened them all before pouncing on me and giving me a huge hug.

it was nothing really, but hes obviously happy.

"right now you have to open yours" brad whispered in my ear.

"ok" i simply replied. brad got off the sofa and grabbed a tiny little bag from behind the sofa. it was so cute already and that was just the bag. He gave me the bag and hinted for me to open it. my present compared to his is going to be like nothing.

i opened up the tiny bag and inside was a little box. i slowly reached for the box and i could feel my heart racing.

why am I so nervous.

once I got the little box out the bag. I looked at brad, who was smiling widely at me. I looked back down at the box. before opening it up slowly. There it was.

A ring?

a ring? brad got me the nicest ring in the whole history of the earth. It was beautiful.

This beats chocolate by a long shot. it was honestly the most beautiful ring i've ever seen in my life. I couldn't even look at brad.

Don't ask me why but i just couldn't. i even had a tear in my eye.

brad lifted my chin up before looking into my eyes.

"abbie, are you crying?" Brad teased.

"n-no its just beautiful"

yes, its true. i was crying. no not sad tears but happy tears. like honestly this was the most gorgeous looking ring i've ever seen and it must of cost brad a fortune.

"have you read what it says?" brad pointed out. i slowly looked down and it read.

promise.