Epilogue

Song~

I miss you- blink 182. cover by five seconds of summer.

Please listen to this song as you are reading this chapter, I don't know. I just listened to it on repeat whilst I was writing this and it goes well.

This chapter made me so fucking emotional I'm not going to lie.

|~~~~|~~~~|~~~~|

I woke up to the sound of the heart monitor next to Abbie's bed. I looked up to see her silently snoring and her mouth was slightly open, letting enough air get to her heart and lungs.

After almost 2 weeks in hospital, I think Abbie's ready to give up and much as I don't want to see her go She's weak, she's tired and she's just not the Abbie That I know. She's no longer happy nor cheery. She's trying to hide it, but I know inside she's hurting. And even though I will be heartbroken, I hate to see her in pain.

I've stayed every night since Abs passed out the other day and I plan to stay here until the very last moment.

I sat up slightly and Abbie's eyes flickered slightly open, both of us knowing that today is the day.

"I wanted us to last forever" she says, tears blurring our vision.

'This is your forever, I will be here forever and even though I won't be able to see you, you will be able to see me. It will be forever' I say letting tears freely roll down my cheek as Abbie does the same.

"Listen, I want you to forget about me and move on. Please brad, promise me you can forget." I could see she was struggling in the way she spoke and I immediately knew this was it.

This is the last time I'm going to see Abbie.

"D-don't say that, I can't forget you, nor will I ever want to forget you. stay there a second, I'm going to ring your mum" I stuttered as I got myself out of the bed and outside to ring Abbie's mum.

I told her this was it and she understood, She said she will give me time for just me and abbie then she'll come in after a few minutes, so we can all say goodbye.

The others knew that this would be the end and they said there goodbyes yesterday night. It was the most heartbreaking night I've ever had in my life.

I went back inside Abbie's room and was reminded of the constant beeping from the machines. I sat back on the bed and lightly grabbed Abbie's hand, brushing my fingers over her fragile hand.

"I think this is it, Brad" She says, barely above a whisper. And as much as I hate to admit this, I knew that this was it too. "Maybe the other side is better for me anyway. that's where I belong"

"Please don't l-leave" I shakily hugged her tightly against my grasp, not wanting to let go. She's my world, she can't just leave me.

She can't go, she just can't.

"I don't want to go either" she stutters and a single tear falls from Abbie's eyes and onto my cheek.

"I can't imagine life without you, Abbie. you are my everything, my world." She cried into my shoulders but immediately stopped when we heard a gentle knock at the door.

The door opens slightly and Abbie's mum slips through the door, not making a sound. I could hear her silently crying in the chair. Obviously aware that her own daughter is going to die today.

Abbie didn't even realise that her mum entered the room as she's so tired to keep her eyes open for more than a minute, she didn't see her mum walk in and because she was so quiet, abbie didn't realise she walked in.