Chapter 1: The Start Of A New Adventure

As soon as I walked outside, I found Liliandil, Caspian, father, along with several Telmarines and Narnians. I recognized several faces, including Peepiceek, the second-in-command to Reepicheep before he left to be in Aslan's Country, Tavros, Firebolt, a great friend of mine and a pegasus, Jemain, Tavros' brother, Rynelf, a Telmarine, Trumpkin, a red dwarf, Rhince, Glenstorm, his wife, Windmane, and their two sons, Ironhoof and Suncloud, a family of all centaurs, and a couple more Telmarines and Narnians.

Glenstorm and Windmane had another son, Rainstone, who died in the battle at Miraz's castle.

"These will be the Narnians and Telmarines who will accompany you on your journey." Caspian informed me. "Aurelia, I leave you in charge of this company."

"Thank you, Caspian." I said. "You've given me a great company to work with."

"Good luck, Aurelia. May you find the cave and return to us safely." Liliandil chimed in.

Father had tears in his eyes as he wished me good luck along with a hug. After hugging Liliandil and Caspian, we began our journey to the Lantern Waste. We had reached the forest near Beruna by nightfall.

"We'll stop here for the night." I informed them.

Rhince and Rynelf made a fire, and we soon gathered around it. I got along and befriended many of the Telmarines and Narnians over the past several years. As we ate our rations, I asked Rhince how his daughter, Gael and his wife, Helaine were doing. I got along with Gael, viewing her as a sister I never got. And I especially got along with Helaine, who I viewed as a mother.

"They are doing well." Rhince replied. "They've asked for you, Gael and Helaine wondered when they'd see you again."

"Soon I hope. Perhaps after this trip I'll pay them a visit." I commented. "Gael is very lucky...to have such a wonderful mother like her."

"Your majesty-"

I cut him off. "Please Rhince, call me Aurelia."

"Aurelia, did you not have a mother who cared for you?"

At that moment all the Narnians gave me sympathetic looks. It's not the Telmarines' fault for not knowing Narnian history or the tales. After all many of the Narnian stories were banned.

"No, my mother was not like your wife. " I managed to say. "She was a cruel tyrant who kept me within her castle walls when I was little. Father said she use to be different, but something changed in her...When I was old enough, I was the one doing her dirty work, capturing innocent Narnians to the Queen.

"I became known as a ruthless assassin...However when I was twelve, that all changed. The the two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve arrived in Narnia. They became good friends of mine." I continued. "They were Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy. I managed to escape and I helped them in the battle, fighting alongside the Narnians...and against my mother."

"Forgive me, Aurelia, I had no idea." Rhince replied hastily. "I didn't mean to bring back such memories."

"It's alright, Rhince. Do not worry." I assured him. "I do not like speaking of my past, but then again I can not run from my past...from who I was..."

"But your majesty, you're nothing like the white witch." Ironhoof spoke up.

"Indeed." Trumpkin chimed in. "She was a tyrant, and you could do nothing."

"But I did her bidding." I argued.

"Aurelia, do not put yourself down." Firebolt said as he approached by my side. "You can't keep doing that to yourself, you're far more than you think you are."

"The past doesn't matter, we all make mistakes. Now you're here on our side, that's what important." Tavros commented. "I would happily continue to serve you, your majesty, until the very end."

"You have helped both Narnians and Telmarines alike." Rynelf added. "We could ask no more from you, your majesty. Like his majesty, King Caspian, you would fight alongside us in battles."

"As it should be done." I said.

Tavros then kneeled before me and one by one they all kneeled before me. My smile widened, I'm so lucky to have friends like them.

"Stand, my friends, I assure you that you will not regret you decision." I assured them.

Rhince clasped a hand on my shoulder. "We know."