Chapter 36: Lucy's Cordial

I concentrated on killing both Azog and Jadis as I fought off more and more orcs who crossed my path. My anger rose when I finally came face to face with Jadis. "You! Fili's dead because of you."

"Nice to see you as well, Aurelia." Jadis retorted.

"You should've stayed dead." I rebuked before raising my sword. "This time I shall kill you."

"No it shall be I who will kill you." She replied as her sword clashed with mine. "Then you shall join your beloved."

I then yelled out in anger and in pain as I pushed her away with all my might. She quickly retaliated, slicing my right leg. I staggered back as I cried out in pain. Jadis smirked. "You lack discipline, Aurelia. You seem to have forgotten all your training."

"Training? Oh yeah, training as your assassin!" I spat.

I forgot my pain as my anger took over. I struck her with all my might, knocking her to the ground. I raised my sword as I glared at her. "This is where your reign ends."

And just like that I finished her off. I glanced over to see Thorin fighting Azog. When I tried to walk, I stumbled back falling onto the ground and hitting a rock, knocking me unconscious. 

••• 

"Aurelia?"

"Your majesty?"

"Is she dead?"

I groaned as my eyes fluttered open. I looked around to see Bilbo, Tavros, Peepiceek, Firebolt, Jemain, Rynelf, Trumpkin, Trufflehunter, Rhince, Glenstorm, Windmane, Ironhoof and Suncloud. Wait...how are Rhince, Rynelf, Glenstorm, Windsmane, and Suncloud here?

"She's awake!" Tavros exclaimed.

"Rhince? Rynelf? How are you guys here?" I questioned rather baffled. 

"We found a way in." Rhince explained.

 "Firebolt was the one who found us and explained everything that happened." Rynelf added.

"What happened?" I asked as I slowly sat up.

"Thorin defeated Azog." Peepicheek said. 

My face lit up. "That's great! Where is he?"

Bilbo wore a grim look. "He's dead...along with Kili."

My face fell. "What?! All three of them are dead?"

Bilbo nodded as he tried to fight back tears. Trufflehunter placed a hand on my shoulder as he gave me a sympathetic smile. "I'm terribly sorry, your majesty. I knew how much Fili meant to you. It's such a shame he died...it's a shame all of three of them died."

I felt tears stream down my cheeks. What could I have done? What could I have done differently to avoid this? I then remembered what I brought with me on the trip. I opened my jacket and found Lucy's Cordial in my pocket. 

"That's Lucy's Cordial." Peepicheek gasped. 

"The very one that saved Reepicheek." Trumpkin added.

I handed it over to Bilbo. "Place a drop of this in Fili's, Kili's, and Thorin's mouths. This will save them."

"What about you?" Bilbo inquired. "You're wounded. We've got to get you to the healers."

"Leave that to us." Tavros assured him. "Take the cordial to Fili and the others."

With that Tavros picked me up, taking me to the healers. I couldn't help but to close my eyes no matter how many times Tavros tried to keep me awake.

-Third Person's POV-

As Tavros took Aurelia into the Mountain were the healers had set up to tend their patients, Bilbo rushed over towards Thorin where the company was still kneeling around him. Without saying a word to the company, he placed a drop of Lucy's cordial in Thorin's mouth.

"Please work. Please wake up." Bilbo begged as he waited anxiously.

In a few seconds, Thorin's eyes fluttered open as he let out a gasp. The company watched in awe as Thorin sat up. "Bilbo? What happened? Am I dead?"

"No, you're alive Thorin. Aurelia saved you. She gave me this cordial and told me to give it to you, Kili, and Fili." Bilbo explained.

Thorin's face fell. "Kili...he's dead?"

Bilbo shook his head. "Don't say that, Thorin. I'll help them. You on the other hand need to see a healer."

Thorin grunted but nevertheless agreed. "Fine, but go now."

Bilbo quickly took off, finding Kili in the arms of Tauriel. Bilbo timidly approached her. Tauriel looked up at Bilbo with a confused look. Tears continued to stream down her cheeks. Bilbo raised the cordial. "I can help him." 

"How? He's dead?" Tauriel asked. 

"Not for long." Bilbo replied. 

He then placed a drop of the cordial into Kili's mouth, and in no time his eyes fluttered open. Tauriel became overjoyed as a huge smile grew on her face. Bilbo then quickly made his way towards Fili and did the same thing as he had done to Kili and Thorin. And it wasn't long until Fili woke up. He winced as he slowly got up. "What happened?"

Bilbo then hastily brought him up to date on what had happened. Fili furrowed his brows. "And the others?"

"They're alright...except for Aurelia. She's wounded, but I'm sure it's nothing bad." Bilbo assured him. "I think we should get you to see a healer. You may be alive, but you still have some open wounds that need to be treated."

"Bilbo!" Tavros yelled out as he approached them. "Ah Fili, glad to see you back with us."

"What is it, Tavros?" Bilbo questioned.

"You both need to go to the Mountain. It's Aurelia." Tavros replied.

"What about her? Is she alright?" Fili asked with a concerned look.

"No, I'm afraid not. She's dying." Tavros explained. 

"What?!" Bilbo and Fili exclaimed. 

"Aurelia fought Jadis and before she killed her mother, Jadis managed to wound Aurelia. And turns out that the blade of Jadis was poisoned." Tavros explained.

"That monster!" Fili spat. 

With that Tavros, Fili, and Bilbo rushed towards the mountain, hoping it wasn't too late.