Chapter 35: Ravenhill

More and more orcs came rushing towards them, yet I didn't hold back. I dodged their blows before quickly striking them. I tried to get the image of Jadis, my mother standing alongside Azog out of my head. But I couldn't...Bilbo then spoke, snapping me of my thoughts. "Gandalf! It's Thorin."

I turned to where Bilbo was looking to see Thorin, Kili, Fili, and Dwalin riding their way towards where Azog and Jadis were.

"And Fili, Kili, Dwalin." Gandalf added. "He's taking his best warriors."

Bilbo and I were both confused. "To do what?"

"To cut the head of the snake." Gandalf explained.

"Gandalf!" I then heard Legolas's voice from the entrance of Dale. Bilbo, Gandalf, and I turned to see Legolas and Tauriel,

"Legolas. Legolas Greenleaf!" Gandalf greeted.

"There is a second army. Bolg leads a force of Gundabad Orcs. They are almost upon us." Legolas informed us.

Wait...what?

"Gundabad? Ah, this was their plan all along. Azog engages our forces, then Bolg sweeps in from the north." Gandalf said with a nod.

"What? Th...the north? Where is the north exactly?" Bilbo asked.

"Ravenhill." Gandalf replied.

I raised an eyebrow. "Ravenhill? Where's that?"

"That where Thorin is...along with Fili and Kili and Dwalin! They're all up there!" Bilbo exclaimed in horror.

My face fell at once. No...I won't let them win.

"No!" I yelled. "Fili..."

I ignored their yells as I rushed out to warn Fili and the others. I just hope it's not too late. Once I reached Ravenhill, I yelled out their names. Unfortunately I only spotted Dwalin and Thorin. My stomach nearly dropped. Where were Kili and Fili?

"Aurelia!" Thorin exclaimed with a smile. "Forgive me for all the things I've said to you."

"I forgive you, Thorin. Now where's Fili and Kili?" I questioned rather hastily.

Thorin furrowed his brows. "They're searching the towers. Why?"

"It's a trap!" Bilbo yelled upon reaching us. "You have to leave here. Now! Azog has another army, attacking from the north. This watchtower will be completely surrounded, there'll be no way out."

Thorin was relieved to see Bilbo, but once he took in Bilbo's words, his face hardened.

"We are so close. That Orc scum is in there. I say we push on." Dwalin suggested.

"No! That's what he wants. He wants to draw us in." Thorin explained. "This is a trap."

"Find Fili and Kili, call them back." Thorin ordered.

"Thorin, are you sure about this?" Dwalin inquired.

"Do it." Thorin ordered. "We live to fight another day."

At that moment we heard  drums coming from the towers. We turned around to see Azog holding Fili and behind were several orcs and my mother. My face fell. "No..."

Azog said something in his language. I focused on Fili who was on the brink of tears. "Go! Run!"

Fili then looked over at me. "Aurelia...I love you."

"And I love you too." I choked out.

At that moment Azog impaled Fili, killing him. We watched in horror as Azog dropped Fili, his body collapsed on the snow right in front of Kili. Tears filled my eyes as I stared at Fili's dead body. Mother wore a smug look as she looked at me. "Such a pity...it seems that love never works out for you."

I felt my blood boil at her words. Without thinking twice, I rushed after her, yelling at the top of my lungs. For such a long time she's controlled me...and she's even killed several of my friends. But today that all ends. She is not my mother...I don't care if she's biologically related to me. I'll say otherwise. I will avenge you, Fili. I glanced down at my sword. This time I'll kill Jadis...even if it's the last thing I ever do.