Chapter 38: The Wedding

A month after the battle, we had a celebration for Thorin's coronation and the battle. Then not too long after the wedding of Fili and mine arrived. I was filled with nerves as I paced back and forth in my room. I wore a beautiful long white dress along with a veil made from stardust. My hair was braided back, showing off Fili's bead. At that moment, I heard a knock on my door. I hesitantly opened it to see my father who wore a proud look yet had some tears in his eyes. 

"Dad!" I exclaimed as I hugged him.

"Aurelia! My daughter. You're all grown up." He replied as we pulled away from the hug. "You ready?"

I was rather hesitant. "Sorta...I'm kinda nervous to be honest."

Father placed a hand on my shoulder. "It's alright to feel that way. Your life's about to change and you're afraid that you're making the wrong choice. But I'll tell you what, marrying that dwarf is the best thing that could happen to you. Your life's just beginning, Aurelia."

A smile grew on my face. "Thanks dad. Alright, I'm ready."

"Good! Now let's get this show on the road, eh?"

I let out a laugh as he escorted me to where the wedding would take place, which was in one of the giant chambers of Erebor. There the giant doors opened, revealing a beautiful venue. The ground was covered in white rose petals and the ceiling was covered with stars. Everyone in the crowd stood up. People from Narnia, the company, dwarves from Ironhill, dwarves from the Blue Mountains, elves from Mirkwood, humans from Dale, Beorn, Galadriel, Gandalf, Radagast, and elves from Rivendell were all here. 

As I walked past the crowd, they bowed. As I walked past Dis, Fili's mom, she gave me a warm smile. At first I was terrified to meet her as I was afraid she'd hate me. However after our first conversation filled with intense questions, she welcomed me into the family with a bone-crushing hug. I glanced over at Fili who wore a look of awe. I felt tears of happiness fill my eyes as I reached Fili. Dad gave me one last hug before giving me up to Fili. 

"Take good care of her, boy." Dad informed him.

Fili nodded. "Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way."

The ceremony went by rather quickly and finally it was time for the vows. Fili was the first to speak. "Aurelia, the first time I laid my eyes on you I was smitten. To me you were like a goddess, an angel that Mahal sent down. As the time went by we became friends and I only fell for you even further.

"I was afraid that you didn't feel the same. But with the help of the company they convinced me to confess my love for you, and surprisingly you agreed. I am blessed to have met such a fierce, kind, intelligent, and loving woman who not to mention has an interest for pranks." Fili continued, causing the crowd to chuckle. 

Thorin groaned, rubbing his face. "Oh Mahal."

"I cannot wait for our future together. There is no other woman I would wish to spent the rest of my days with." Fili finished. 

I looked at him in awe. "Wow...that's going to be hard for me to top."

There were a couple of laughs here and there. I took a deep breath before beginning my speech. "Fili, where do I begin? From the moment I met you were always worried for me...and I pushed you away for a while, not realizing what I was missing out on. Not too long after, we became the best of friends...and as we grew closer, I fell for you. But I never imagined someone as great as you could be with someone like me...a person with several flaws and a troubled past.

"But despite all that, you continued to love me. And that is how I knew you are the one. I can't wait to commence our new journey together. So here's to forever with you." I finished.

And finally the time had arrived for the groom to kiss the bride. Fili hastily pulled back my veil and dipped me towards the ground as he gave me a passionate kiss. The crowd cheered for us, but for a moment Fili and I forgot the crowd. As he pulled away from the kiss, pulling me back up, we turned to the crowd with huge smiles. Here begins a new journey with Fili. No more war, no more Jadis, no more worrying about the past. This is a fresh new start. A happy one.