Chapter 6: Dining With The Elves

The dwarves were shown to their chambers, although I had a feeling that they wouldn't be sleeping there. Peepicheek, Tavros, Trumpkin, and Trufflehunter were also shown to their chambers. Lindir and Elrond showed me to my chambers. On our way there, Elrond spoke up. "Gandalf tells me you're from a different land."  

I nodded. "Yes, I'm from Narnia."

"Interesting, and do all animals speak in your land?" Lindir asked.

"Not all, but most do speak." I replied.

We soon arrived at my chambers. Elrond and Lindir remained outside of my chambers as I entered.

"We should continue this conversation later." Lindir said.

"Indeed. We'd both love to hear more about this land called Narnia." Elrond added. "But for now you should prepare for supper. An elf maiden shall be here soon to help you."

"Thank you." I replied.

"You're welcome, your majesty." Elrond said as both Lindir and he bowed.

Why do I get the feeling that Gandalf told them that I am a Queen of Narnia.

"Let me guess, Gandalf told you I'm a Queen of Narnia?" I inquired.

"Yes. Of course." Elrond said.

"Please Lord Elrond just call me Aurelia." I insisted.

"Then just call me Elrond." Elrond replied. "Now we'll see you at supper."

After taking a bath, I changed into a light dress and pushed some of my hair back into a braid, while the rest remained on my shoulders. Once I was ready, there was a knock on the door.

"Enter." I said. 

The door opened to reveal Lindir. "You look wonderful, Aurelia."

"Thank you, Lindir."

"Are you ready for supper?" Lindir asked.

I nodded. "Yep."

"Then allow me to escort you to the dining tables." Lindir offered.

I cracked a smile. "Thank you, Lindir."

He then escorted me through the halls and towards the dining tables, which were outside. I heard music being played as we approached them.

There were elves playing instruments such as harps and flutes. There were three tables, two were small and the third was bigger, which was where Elrond, Gandalf, Thorin, and Tavros were sitting.

Bilbo, Fili, Trumpkin, Peepicheek, Trufflehunter, and the others were sitting at the two smaller tables. When my eyes found Fili, my eyes met his. However he hastily averted his eyes from my gaze. I know I had messed up, and believe me I wanted to apologize. But I'm afraid he'll ignore me.

"You will seat with at Lord Elrond's table." Lindir informed me.

"Thank you, Lindir. However I wish to speak to one of the dwarves." I informed him.

He nodded before making his way towards Elrond's side. Once I approached the tables, Bilbo and the dwarves all looked at me in awe. That's when I noticed they had taken baths and had changed clothing. Was it me or did Fili looked much more handsome?

"Aurelia, you look beautiful." Bilbo commented.

I smiled. "Thank you, Bilbo."

"You truly look like a star like you mentioned before." Kili added, which caused Fili to glare at him before smacking his head. "Ouch! That hurt!"

"Fili?" I called out.

Fili said nothing as he turned his back on me. I sighed. "Fili, I've come to apologize for how I acted earlier. And to you as well, Kili. I just don't like speaking of my past. It's not quite a happy one..."

When Fili said nothing, I reluctantly turned around to walk over to the table where Elrond, Gandalf, Thorin and Tavros were. As we ate, Elrond examined the two swords that Gandalf and Thorin handed him.

"This is Orcrist, the Goblin-cleaver. A famous blade, forged by the High Elves of the West. My kin." Elrond informed them before handing the sword back to Thorin. "May it serve you well."

"And this is Glamdring. The Foe-hammer, sword of the King of Gondolin. These swords were made for the Goblin wars of the First Ages." Elrond continued in amazement. "How did you come by these?"

"We found them in a troll hoard on the Great East road, shortly before we were ambushed by orcs." Gandalf explained.

"That's where we found Gandalf and the others." I commented.

"Quite interesting. And what were you doing on the Great East road, Gandalf?" Elrond inquired.

"Excuse me." Thorin then said as he got out of his chair and made his way towards where the other dwarves were.

"A halfling and thirteen dwarves. I understand the Narnians, but the others? Strange traveling companions, Gandalf." Elrond commented before he took a sip from his drink.

"These are the descendants of the House of Durin." Gandalf explained to him. "They are noble folk that are surprisingly cultured. They have a deep love of the arts."

At that moment, Bofur got up on the table and began to sing. "There's an inn, a merry old inn beneath an old gray hill. And there they brew a beer so brown that the man in the moon himself came down one night to drink his fill."

As he continued to sing, several of the dwarves began to throw the food all over the place, causing the other elves to cringe at their manners. I'll admit it was a bit funny, but one look from Elrond and that thought quickly vanished.

"Oh, the ostler has a tipsy cat that plays a five-stringed fiddle; and up and down he saws his bow now squeaking high, now purring low, now sawing in the middle! So the cat on the fiddle played hey diddle diddle; a jig that would wake the dead. He squeaked, and sawed, and quickened the tune, while the landlord shook the man in the moon: 'It's after three!' He said."

The dwarves all laughed as Bofur finished his song. Quite interesting, I haven't hurt a song like that in Narnia Poor Lindir wore an agitated expression as Kili threw some food at one of the statues behind Lindir. I glanced at Gandalf, who wore a sheepish smile. Well...that was interesting. One of the most interesting suppers I've had.

"That's something I haven't seen before." Tavros commented.

I chuckled. "Couldn't agree with you more, Tavros."