Chapter 30: Facing The Necromancer

I felt awful for not telling Fili where I was going, but I had to follow Galadriel's orders. After all, I didn't want to hurt anyone who didn't deserve it. It didn't take me long to get there as along the way, I found Firebolt, Jemain, and Ironhoof along the way. I was surprised to find them in the forest. They informed me that they came through a cave in this forest. And they also told me that they spent months, trying to find Trumpkin, Trufflehunter, Tavros, Peepicheek, and me.

Once we arrived at Dol Guldur, a very bleak and dark place if you ask me, I heard his voice...Sauron. He said something in Black Speech that I couldn't make out, but I heard Galadriel reply in a confident tone. "I am not alone."

At that moment, Elrond, Firebolt, Ironhoof, Jemain, Saruman, and I all stormed in at the same time. There I saw Galadriel on the ground with a wounded Gandalf. I glanced over to see nine ghost figures with swords all around us.

"Are you in need of assistance, my lady?" Saruman questioned.

I scoffed. "Isn't it obvious? That's why she called us!"

Saruman glanced over at Galadriel. "Why is she here?"

"Because she will help us. I believe her powers surpass yours." Galadriel explained.

Saruman huffed, causing me to wear a grin. Aurelia scores 1 point, while Saruman scores nothing for this round. Elrond rolled his eyes. "Would you stop acting like children! We have much more important matters to take care of."

That's when the ghosts prepared to attack us. Elrond narrowed his eyes as he took out his sword. " You should have stayed dead!"

With that they began to attack us with such force. However we all struck back with equal or stronger force, making it difficult for them to keep up. I took on three of these things with my twin swords. As we fought them, I glanced over at Elrond, confused as to what these ghosts were.

"What are these things? And what happened to them?" I asked.

"They are the Nazgul, men who once possessed nine rings given to them by Sauron." Elrond explained. "Aurelia! Behind you!"

I then turned around seeing one of the Nazgul behind me extending its sword out towards me. I then quickly moved out of the way, barely escaping its sword from wounding me. I was quick to retaliate, piercing my sword through him. Once we defeated all nine of the Nazgul, I put away my swords with a relieved look before yelling out. "Is that all you got?!"

It was at that moment Sauron appears before us surrounded by what appeared to be flames. I grimaced. Elrond then looked over at me with a serious look. "Seriously? You had to ask?"

"Yeah...sorry about that." I apologized.

Sauron then began talking in Black Speech about nothing good I presume. And it was then when Galadriel began to rise, looking very different than she usually appeas. Galadriel then turns to me, reaching her hand out to me. When she saw my confused expression, she spoke in my mind. "Take my hand so we can combine our powers to face him once and for all."

I nodded before grabbing her hand and extending out my other hand towards Sauron. A bright light then surrounded both Galadriel and me. I continued to fight on as Galadriel spoke.

"You have no power here, servant of Mordor. You are nameless, faceless, formless! Go back to the void from whence you came!" Galadriel shot back.

Together we managed to send him back to wherever he came from. I then saw Galadriel fall back, but Elrond managed to catch her before she could fall to ground. After Elrond said something in Elvish, Galadriel nodded. "The spirit of Sauron endured."

"And has been banished." Saruman added.

"He will flee into the East." Galadriel informed us.

"Gondor should be warned. They must set a watch on the walls of Mordor." Elrond advised.

"No. Look after the Lady Galadriel. She has spent much of her powers, her strength is failing. Take her to Lothlórien." Saruman suggested.

"My Lord Saruman, he must be hunted down and destroyed, once and for all." Elrond protested.

"Without the Ring of Power, Sauron can never again hold dominion over Middle Earth. Go now. Leave Sauron to me." Saruman offered. "And I presume that you must return to your dwarf friends, Aurelia?"

"Yeah, I suppose I do." I replied, still unsure of what his true intentions are.

Galadriel then turned to me with a smile. "Thank you, Aurelia. You will do great things in the future."

"I'm glad I could be of use." I replied.

With that Elrond left with Galadriel, I glanced back at Saruman, glaring at him as I mouthed the words. "I'm watching you, Saruman. Always watching you."

I then left with Firebolt, Jemian, and Ironhoof, making our way back to Erebor. Now I suppose I can tell Fili what truly happened as there is no danger anymore.