Epilogue

~ 3018 T.A.~

It was a busy day in the kingdom of Erebor. A meeting was called by Lord Elrond, which was surprising as I had not heard from him in years. But things have not looked good in Middle Earth. Darkness was beginning to spread everywhere.

Many years had passed since the Battle of the Five Armies. Thorin had unfortunately passed away years ago, leaving the throne to Fili and me. Together we had five children, Peter, who was 75 years old and had blonde hair and blue eyes, Susan who was 71 and had brown hair and blue eyes, Edmund who was 68 years old with brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, Coriakin who was 61 and had brown hair and blue eyes, and lastly Lucy who was 29 with blonde hair and blue eyes. 

Kili and Tauriel were allowed to marry a year or so after the battle. Together they had three children of their own. After Balin left to the mines of Moria, Kili became the new royal advisor. I volunteered to go to the meeting along with Gimli, my children, and a few other nobles from the kingdom. Fili stayed behind along with Kili and Tauriel to run the kingdom.

After the servants gathered our things, I said my farewells to Tauriel, Kili, and Fili at the front of the mountain. Fili gave me one last kiss before releasing me. "Be careful."

"My love, you're speaking to the chosen one who fought in several battles...I think I'm good." I assured him.

He chuckled. "Still the same woman as when I first met you."

I cracked a smile. "Yes, but you fell in love with this woman."

"That I did. And I can't believe this woman still loves me, despite me getting old." Fili commented with a sad look. 

I placed a hand on his cheek. "Fili, look at me. I didn't fall in love with your looks, I fell in love with you. Your personality is what makes you who you are. And that will never change."

"Mother! Come on!" Lucy exclaimed as she impatiently sat on her horse. "I wish to see Rivendell!"

"Hush Lucy! They're having a moment." Peter scolded.

"Eww!" 

"Oh grow up, you're 29."

Fili and I let out laughs as we watched them go at it back and forth. I then looked over at Fili. "Never doubt my love for you. I shall always be at your side, Fili. I promise you we'll all return safe and sound."

"I hope to see you all soon. I love you, Aurelia."

"And I love you."

With that we left Erebor and made our journey into Rivendell where a new adventure awaited us. It was the last thing on my mind, especially now that I was a mother and queen.

A/N: Thank you for reading Wunderkind! I hope you all enjoyed it! Thanks to everyone who read it. And I may write up a sequel, so be on the lookout. Thanks again and be sure to check out my other books!