Chapter 25: The Celebration At The Master's Home

We then had a celebration in the Master's home. There was a grand feast, drinks, dancing, and lots of cheer and laughter. Currently, I was sitting at a table with Tavros, Trumpkin, Bofur, Bilbo, Peepicheek, and Trufflehunter.

I looked over to see Fili on the other side of the room sitting down at a table with Dwalin, Kili, Balin, and Thorin. I watched as Fili wore a smile, listening intently to whatever Balin was saying. It wasn't until Bilbo spoke that I snapped out of my trance.

"You're falling for Fili, don't you?" Bilbo asked with a grin.

My face began to heat up as I tried to deny it. "Me? Falling for Fili? That's ridiculous. Where did you get that idea from?"

"Lass, you've been staring at him for the past half hour." Bofur commented with a teasing smile.

"No, I haven't been doing such a thing." I protested.

Bilbo then gave a look that said "oh really?" I sighed, but refused to look at anyone until Trufflehunter spoke. "Your majesty, please just admit it. The only one you're hurting is yourself. You can trust us. We won't tell anyone."

I glanced over at Fili, watching as a charming smile lit his face. I felt my stomach churn and my heart quicken. I groaned. It was happening alright...I was falling for Fili. And it's something I hadn't felt since Peter Pevensie left Narnia and never returned. I then saw a beautiful woman approach him with a flirting smile. I clenched my fists as Fili flashed a smile at her.

"I am not nor will I ever fall for him." I lied to the others before getting up. "Now if you'll excuse me I will return to my chambers as we have more important matters to do tomorrow."

With that I stormed towards my chambers, fighting what I truly felt. The next morning arrived quicker than I hoped it would. After breakfast, we were given clothing, weapons, armor, and rations of food. As we walked through the crowd towards the barge that was awaiting us, Bilbo spoke up. "You do know we're one short? Where's Bofur?"

"If he's not here, we leave him behind." Thorin replied.

"We'll have to, if we're to find the door before nightfall. We can risk no more delays." Balin pointed out.

As we began to board the barge, Thorin stopped Kili. I watched in confusion.

"Not you, Kili. We must travel at speed, you will slow us down." Thorin informed him.

"What are you talking about? I'm coming with you." Kili replied.

Thorin shook his head. "No, no."

"I'm going to be there when that door's opened. When we first look upon the halls of our fathers, Thorin..." Kili looked devastated yet determined to come along.

"Kili, stay here. Rest. Join us when you're healed." Thorin said as he placed a hand in his shoulder.

"I'll stay with the lad. My duty lies with the wounded." Óin said before walking off to the barge and towards where Kili walked off to.

Fili then insisted that Kili should come. He'd carry him on his back if that meant to he could bring his brother.

"I agree with Fili. Kili should come along with us." I protested. "It is their homeland, Thorin."

Thorin whipped around to face me with a glare. "You stay out of it! You aren't even of this world!"

I was about to defend myself, when I noticed how Fili's eyes turned fierce as he stood in front of me in a protective stance. "She has every right to speak! She's part of this company, is she not?"

My jaw dropped. Did he just defend me? Thorin then narrowed his eyes. "Yes, but she's no dwarf."

I crossed my arms. "And why should that matter? Bilbo isn't a dwarf either."

"But he has a purpose here. You weren't invited." Thorin shot back.

"Well she does as well..." Fili began, and I began to grow fearful of what he was going to say.

"Fili, I don't think it's time." I cut him off, placing a hand on his forearm.

"Time for what?" Thorin questioned.

"It's perfectly fine, Aurelia. We must tell him." Fili assured me before turning to Thorin. "She had a purpose because she's the one from the prophecy. She's the chosen one."

I mentally groaned. And he said it. Thorin's eyes widened as he looked at me. "T-that's impossible. Is it true?"

"Yes, it's true. It's why King Thranduil gave my friends and I clothing, chambers, food, and even invited us to his feast." I explained. "It's also why Gandalf insisted that we come along on your quest."

Thorin scoffed. "How can I believe you?"

"Because I know the prophecy." I insisted.

"That prophecy of the chosen one was only told to the royal families of Middle Earth." Thorin rebuked. "And you are just some woman from a land that no one's heard of."

I narrowed my eyes at him before reciting the prophecy word for word. I watched as Thorin's smug look turned into a horrified look. He quickly fumbled over his words offering an apology. "Forgive me, Aurelia. I had no idea...you must understand why I was skeptical...you and your friends merely popped out of nowhere from that cave..."

"Clearly." I retorted in a sarcastic tone. "Now that we have that out of the way, will you bring Kili along."

Thorin shook his head. "No, my answer remains the same."

Fili's face hardened. "Then I have no place here. I'm staying behind."

Thorin then grabbed Fili's arm. "Fili, don't be a fool. You belong with the company."

"I belong with my brother." Fili retorted before storming off to join his brother.

Thorin then turned towards me. I was rather conflicted on whether I should join Thorin and the others...or if I should stay behind with Fili. I felt a small paw on my shoulder, I turned to see Peepicheek on my shoulder. "Stay behind with them, your majesty. I can tell it's what you want."

I hesitated, but when I saw Trufflehunter's stern look, I let out a sigh. I then turned towards Thorin. "Sorry Thorin, but if Fili's staying behind then so am I. Tavros, Trumpkin, and Trufflehunter, stay with the others. Peepicheek and I will rejoin you along with the others."

Thorin wore a furious expression, but I turned away, making my way towards Fili and the others. I thought I saw Fili's face lit up upon seeing me. A smile formed on my face as I stood beside him.

"What are you doing here?" Fili inquired rather confused.

"Staying with you...and Kili and Óin." I replied. "If you aren't all going then I'm staying behind as well."

Fili and I looked at each other with shy smiles before Peepicheek cleared his throat.

"And so am I." Peepicheek chimed in with an amused look on his face.

I then looked away, mentally groaning. We then watched as the barge that carried the company drifted off towards the mountain. I hope we'll be able to catch up to them later, but most importantly I hope Kili recovers.