one

I walked up to the small house, damn this is where Steve lives? I knocked on the door, and then rocked my converse covered feet from toe to heel.

"Macy?" Steve asks me.

"In the flesh." I smiled nervously.

I'm Macy, Steve Randle's little 14 year old sister. Our father took me to the other side of Oklahoma when our parents split.

Steve wrapped his arms around me, "I missed ya, squirt."

"I missed you too, Steve." I smiled.

"So what are you even doing here?" Steve pulled me into the small, decently clean house.

"Old man got sick and tired of me," I shrugged.

"I was in a gang over there." I added.

Steve threw an arm around my shoulders, "Well I'll be damned! My little squirt, tuff?" I blushed.

"Well I got an extra room, it's usually open to my pals that need it. But I don't think they'd mind just goin' to the Curtis house." Steve pulled me into a decent sized room with a decent sized bed in it.

"Thanks Steve." I smiled up at him.

He let me unpack my small suit case, it held a couple pairs of jeans, my boots, a couple of shirts, and the rest of my belongings.

"Squirt! We're going over to my friends house, well actually I'm in a gang with them." Steve says at the door frame.

I looked down at my outfit, it was just a pair of black converse, a pair of tight jeans, and a black t shirt. I guess I looked fine. My dark straight hair went to mid back, so I ran a hand through it and walked out with Steve.

We walked next door and Steve walked straight into the house, similar to ours.

"Honey, I'm home!" He called out and a good looking boy bounced up to him.

"Steve, don't ya think that broad is a little too young for you?" He said acknowledging me.

"I ain't his broad, I'm his sister." I rolled my eyes.

"You're the sweet little Macy?" The unknown boy asked.

"Well Macy ain't so little, and she's tuff." Steve bragged.

"Well nice to meet ya, I'm Sodapop." He held a hand out to me.

I shook his hand, original name for a cute boy. "You know me 'sweet little Macy'" I joked.

He shot me a movie star smile and laughed.

"So Steve's got a little sister?" A few more boys walked out of the kitchen.

"Gang, this is Macy. Macy, this is my gang." Steve spoke up.

Each one introduced theirselves. Down the row was Two-Bit, Darry, Dallas, and Sodapop spoke on behalf of his little brother.

"There's two more, Ponyboy, which is Darry and i's little brother, and Johnny." Soda spoke.

Just then, two boys around my age ran through the door, almost bumping into me.

"Socs almost got us." The dark haired one panted.

"We led them down an alley then jumped a fence." The other spoke.

"Well that's Pony and Soda, guys this is Macy, Steve's little sister." Darry said.

I nodded towards them and we all got comfortable, I sat on a couch while Ponyboy sat next to me. Steve ran into the kitchen with Soda.

"Well you look tuff." Pony said scanning over me.

"Could say the same about you." I nodded at him.

"So where ya from? How old are you?" Pony and Johnny asked me.

"I was born here, but I lived in a small town on the other side of Oklahoma. And I'm 14." I spoke and grabbed my switchblade out of my pocket.

The two boys move away from me when I whipped it out. "What, a girl can't sharpen her blade?" I laughed.

The two calmed down, I was bored. So I examined my blade.

"Where'd ya get that?" Steve asked grabbing it from me.

"It's mine, Steve." I spoke.

He widened his eyes, "I used it as a threat, never on someone."

"Well you're gonna have to try and get it back." He said closing the blade.

I stood up as he turned around and grabbed his arm, pulling it behind him. "I think it'd be smart if you gave me my blade back Steve-o." I told him and he gave me the small knife back.

"Damn squirt, you really are tuff." He smiled proudly.

"I'm probably tuffer than you." I smirked at my older brother.

"In your dreams." He laughed.

The gang made me feel right at home, like a new and improved home. I could tell these guys were sticking together through thick and thin. I never had that, and I smiled at the thought of them letting me into their gang so easily.

Once we all finished eating and playing cards, Steve and I go back over to our home for a good night's sleep.

Or so I thought.

--
All rights to the characters goes to S.E. Hinton.