nineteen // epilogue

"Derrick! My man!" I yelled, crutching my way up to the nurse.

"Ready to get the cast off?" He asks me.

"Yes, oh my lord." I groan and he let's out a laugh.

Steve decided to take off work to take me, which is unnecessary, but he was happy to do so.

Derrick took my cast off, I'm free!

I stretched my foot, "Finally." I sigh.

There was a scar on my ankle where I was burned and where they had to cut for surgery.

"You ready to rumble now?" I smirk at the nurse.

"Get outta here, kid." Derrick smiles at me.

Steve had to sign a bunch of shit and then we left.

"I'm not allowed to run, so no gym for me." I cheer.

Steve laughs and drives us to the DX. I watched the familiar houses pass by. It was late March now, I loved the weather.

We got to the station and I skipped in. I stood behind the counter and changed really quickly, my DX shirt was always long on me so I tied it up to my waist. I could finally wear skinny jeans again.

"Well hey Mace." Soda laughed as I shimmied into the jeans.

"Hi! Look! I can use my foot!" I smile, wiggling my foot around.

Soda just laughed and the door open. "Hey! How may I help you?" I ask the guy.

"I need my tank filled." He sets his money down and I send Soda out to fill the guy's car.

It was a fairly busy Saturday, Pony and Johnny were working with Darry for some extra cash.

I worked on some homework, I still had a lot of catching up to do. "Hello there little lady." A deep voice said.

I rolled my eyes and went to tell the guy off, but I was met with a laughing Ponyboy.

"Well hi." I smiled and pressed my lips on his.

"How was working with Darry?" I asked him as I continued with my homework.

"Great! I like it, I get a workout and money." He laughed.

"Hey, what are writing for English?" Ponyboy asks me.

"I have an okay idea I think." I smile and pull a notebook out.

I walked up to the small house, damn this is where Steve lives? I knocked on the door, and then rocked my converse covered feet from toe to heel...

I don't think my English teacher will appreciate the cursing, but he'll just have to suck it up.

The End ~

Epilogue:

Fast Forward 6 Years-

"Kelly! Turn that shit down!" I yell out my room.

Kelly was blasting the Beatles again.

"Come on Mace!" My brother's wife smiles, trying to get me to dance with her.

Steve married Kelly about four years ago, they let me live with them while I went to college. We had moved into the middle class, with Soda and Steve opening the best auto shop in Tulsa and Kelly being the best photographer in town, they had a pretty good amount of money.

"Honey I'm home!" Steve yelled jokingly as he entered the house.

Kelly ran into his arms like he just came back from a five year war. I smiled and walked back into my room. "Mace! Pony's here!" I heard Kelly yell.