two

I awoke at 1:30 A.M., unable to go back to sleep. So I wrapped a blanket around myself and walked onto the front porch, over to a plastic chair and sat myself in it.

I looked over at the Curtis house, Ponyboy was just about to go in. He looked scared. I guess he didn't hear me on the porch. I watched the boy walk into the house, not two minutes later I heard a couple bangs and Pony ran out of the home.

"Pony! I didn't mean to!" Darry yelled running out to him.

Pony was too quick for Darry, but not for me. I got up and looked at the two older Curtis brothers, and ran hot on the trails of the youngest.

"Pony stop!" I huff.

"Go away Macy!" He yells and sped up.

"Goddammit Pony, won't you come to your senses and stop!" I yell angrily.

We pull into a vacant lot, where I saw Johnny sleeping. Finally, Pony stops. I catch up to him and punch his arm. "You dumbass," I pant out.

"You should have stopped when I told you."  I push my hair back out of my face.

"What's goin' on?" Johnny stirs awake.

"Darry hit me." Pony finally admits.

"Aw Pone, it'll be okay." Johnny rubs the sleep off his eyes and sits up.

We all sit on the bench, Johnny and I consoled Pony.

"Hey greasers." A voice sneered.

Greaser? Johnny and Pony jump up, so I do.

It all happened quick, one guy pinned Johnny down, another took me down. They dragged Pony over to the fountain, telling us to stay put.

I looked over at Johnny, all of the guys were distracted. We both pulled out our blades.

"Hey Socs." Johnny spits.

The "Socs" turned around and saw us holding switchblades, one look and they ran.

Once they ran off, we pulled Pony onto the ground. He still had a pulse, so we sat there and waited for him to wake up.

"Johnnycakes.." he groaned and coughed.

"Hi Pony." Johnny smiles in relief.

"Little Miss Macy saved you. I was gonna knife the Soc, but she told me not to." Johnny patted my back.

"C'Mon, to two are stay at my place." I say standing up.

We all walk to mine, "Pony you can take my room." I tell him and walk out of the house, not letting him yell at me.

I walk over to the Curtis home and walked right in, "Pony?" Soda pops out the kitchen.

"He's safe, a couple of guys tried to jump us, he's over at mine place. He's staying there tonight." I inform him.

"That's alright, thank you for watching over him." Soda flashes another movie star smile at me and hugs me.

"It's quite alright Soda, tell Darry will ya?" I ask and he nods.

I walked out and back into my front door. Johnny laid across the couch, fast asleep. I walked into my room to see Pony sitting on my bed, "I'm not sleeping in your room." He stands up, shivering.

I simply tip toe into Steve's room, grabbing one of his shirts, and going back to my room.

"Yes you are. Now change into his and go to sleep Pone." I order, I turn around and hear him huff then lay down.

"Macy." Pony calls out.

"Yes Pony?" I turn around.

"Can you stay? I don't wanna be alone. Please, I know it's weir-" I cut him off by crawling into the bed.