Part 6

A/N

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

yeah...

*punches the air*

As per, votes and comments will get INSTANT COOKIES.

*hands cookie*

🍪

Byeeeeeee<3

Sam's POV

We left the hotel and took a black London cab, Dan whispering the address of where we were going to the driver so I wouldn't hear.

The drive wasn't long, and I kept racking my brains for all the restaurants I knew near here. Which actually turned out to be none. I had no idea where we could possibly be going.

Dan's POV

I was stressing out a bit now. I'd planned this dinner for ages, every little detail, and Phil had told me that he'd done the last finishing bits earlier that day.

I'd made an excuse that I needed to go to radio 1 last minute for a few hours to make sure Phil would be alright on his own, but I'd spent my day making sure everything was perfect.

The cab began to slow to a halt, so I jumped out and ran round to open Sam's door for her.

"What a gentleman!" he giggled. "Why are we at the park though?"

I just winked at her and took her hand, leading her through the iron gates into the park.

I used to come to this particular place a lot. I guess you could call it my 'safe place', where I went if I needed time to myself or to be alone.

Not many people knew about it, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one who did to be honest. When you walked into the park there was a small pathway, tucked away and covered over by branches and ivy.

You would have to be looking for it to find it. Once you got past the ivy there was a little pathway that lead to a small clearing of grass behind the thick trees of the park. Everywhere else had been fenced off, to keep teens out of the trees and to stop pedestrians from trespassing, but this was the only bit you could get to.

I'd lined the little pathway with tea lights and candles, which sparkled, lighting up the narrow pathway.

I'd taken Sam here once, jut after she's gotten out of hospital. Nothing could cheer her up, and we were so worried about her, so I took her here and we sat and talked for hours.

"Dan, did you do all this?" Sam asked, motioning to the candles as I led her down the pathway.

I didn't reply, just smiled at her and kept hold of her hand.

We got to the clearing and even I couldn't help but smile.

The grass was freshly cut (we bribed the gardener £50 to borrow his lawnmower) and there were newly planted flowers round the edge of the clearing. In the branches of the trees hung little jam jars each with a candle in, lighting up the leaves.

The roses that grew naturally all round the clearing had been neatened, so they were beautiful to look at but we weren't going to cut ourselves on any stray thorns.

Looking up, the stars shone brighter than ever in the cloudless sky and the moon gazed down on us with a white glow.

There was a small blanket set neatly on the floor, with lots more candles in jars surrounding it. Right in the middle of the blanket was a large basket, which I knew contained the food Phil and I had prepared earlier.

I knew Sam wasn't big on 'fancy food', so I'd stocked up on chips and Chinese food, and got Phil to heat them up and bring them here just before we got here.

I'd also stocked up on malteasers (obviously), and I had some strawberries, Sam's favourite fruit.

"Wow." Sam breathed, looking round at the lights an flowers, and up at the stars.

"It's... it's beautiful!" she whispered.

I kissed her cheek and lead her over to the picnic blanket, sitting her down and opening up the box of food.

There was a small cloud of steam inside the box, letting me know the food was still hot. I took out plates and each box of food and we both dug in to everything.

"Chips. You know me so well!" Sam sung and I grinned at her.

Towards the end of our meal, I remembered something.

"I almost forgot, there's one last thing."

I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out a small black box.

Sam gasped, putting her hand over her mouth.

"Daniel James Howell if you're about to prepose then stop right there. We're too young, you're not ready and I'm certainly not-"

"Sam!" I cut her off. "I'm not preposing, chill."

I opened the box. Inside tree were two intricate earrings. One was like a vine, crawling up her ear and hooking at the top to stay in place. The other was a small rose, each of the earrings were made out of thin metal wire, twisted round into the appropriate shapes.

"I know we're not ready to get married. But I can't help but hope that one day we will. So, This is my promise to you, that one day I will prepose to you properly, because I love you. I thought about getting promise rings, but I know that's not your style. So I got you these. They're different, because you're different to anyone I've ever met. As cheesy as it sounds, it's completely true.

"They're also different because a promise wouldn't be a promise without me keeping up my end of the deal, now would it?" I moved a price of hair from in front of my ear, revealing a small rose earring, identical to the one I'd given Sam.

I leant forward and took out her earrings, replacing them with the promise earrings.

As I moved back, I saw Sam's eyes were sparkling more than usual, as tears built up on her eyelids.

"Sam, will you, one day, be my fiancé?"

"Yes..." came a reply, almost too quiet to hear.

"Pardon?" I grinned, watching a tear fall down her cheek as she blinked.

"YES!" she screamed and threw her arms round me. I stood up an lifted her off her feet in a tight hug, as my own eyes began to mist.

"I love you I love you I love you I love you!" I whispered over and over again into Sam's ear, before putting her down and kissing her.

We stayed there until the early hours of the morning before tiredness and cold began to overtake us.

I called a cab and we packed all the leftovers into the picnic basket, leaving the remains of the candles to burn out after we left.

Sam fell asleep in my arms on the drive back to the hotel, so I carried her up to the room and put her in bed, taking off her shoes and jacket.

"Night, Sam." I whispered into her ear and kissed her cheek, before turning the lights out.

*end of flashback*