Memories

A/N

It's all been very happy on the 'Right Place Right Time' fic lately, hasn't it?

Vote/comment/follow me for more

See you soon my lovely people

Byeeeeee<3

Dan's POV

"So Sam's your official fiancé to be then?" Phil asked, once I'd finished telling him about our weekend.

"Um, I guess so! Yeah!" I grinned, realisation finally hitting me.

"I'm so happy for you mate." Phil smiled at me, before starting to make coffee for us both. "So how broke are you now?" he asked.

"Extremely. But you know, it was worth it. What else was I going to spend it all on?" I said truthfully. I would have just watched it all go to a lifetime supply of malteasers or something like that. I didn't regret a single penny.

Phil just laughed and nodded, pouring the steaming hot water into ready prepared mugs.

"So, Phil. We need to get you someone now." I said, he looked at me and I winked sarcastically at him.

"Shut up!" He laughed and handed me my coffee. I was joking, but I made a mental not to pay a little more attention to Phil's life, he deserved someone to love him ten times as much as I do.

My phone began to ring, and San's face popped up on the caller ID.

"Hey Sa-"

"Dan?! He's here. He's here Dan, he's going to get me again, he's going to hurt me. Help me, please, I don't want him to hurt me, not again!"

Sam's POV

I walked round town, looking in shop windows and occasionally venturing inside, scanning my eyes across the shelves of ornaments and clothes, jewellery and books.

All I really needed was a pair of jeans and a couple of shirts, but I had time to spare so I decided to go grab a hot chocolate from the little coffee shop I knew. The one where Dan and I met. I opened the door, setting off the little bell ad the familiar warm draft of coffee and cinnamon filled my nose.

I smiled contently as I placed my order and payed the guy behind the counter.

"Thanks," I said as I took my usual hot chocolate and went to sit on my favourite chair, right at the back.

Like Starbucks, the café had wifi so I logged onto my private Facebook. I never really checked it; and, as per usual, I went on my usual un-friending spree, as I realised more of the people I used to go to school with were now not very nice people at all. I mean, it's like some of these people didn't even leave high school.

I looked up from the screen of my phone for a minute or two to relax my eyes by looking out of the window. As I daydreamed I watched the figures outside go about their daily business.

I wasn't concentrating, but as I looked around my eyes caught onto some bright, piercing blue eyes and a flash of dark hair.

I suddenly snapped my head back to where I'd seen them, but there were no vibrant blue eyes to be seen anywhere.

My breathing began to quicken as I started to think about those eyes, and the man behind them. The man who had made my life intolerable. Who had mentally abused me in a relationship for years, then kidnapped and hurt me because I got short term memory loss.

My hand instinctually went to my wrist and traced the slight scar there, left by the cord used to tie me to the van. My mind travelled over my various other scars he had caused me.

My eyes started to burn, I wasn't blinking.

My breathing stopped altogether.

I searched the area outside furiously.

There they were.

The flash of blue.

Gone.

Where are you?

Leave me alone.

My hand gripped my hair.

"Leave me alone." I whispered.

"Leave me alone." I repeated.

"Leave me alone, leave me alone, leave me alone!" I said, pictures and memories swamping my mind.

"Are you alright, miss?" the guy from behind the counter asked, worry in his voice.

I barely heard him though.

There was a ringing in my ears as I listened to non existent sounds.

The sounds of scraping metal and breaking glass.

Car horns and distant screams.

The sound of my own heart pounding out of control.

I felt the glass cut into my face and arms.

I felt the cold metal of the car against my head.

Without realising I jumped up and left the cafe, walking aimlessly down the back streets.

I could still see the eyes burning into my memory.

I shrank down to my knees, curling up into a ball and made myself as small as possible.

There was no one around.

I was lost.

I gripped at my hair again, almost trying to physically pull the memories out of my head.

It didn't work. I needed something, I needed to be numb.

I dug my nails into my wrists, the pain unbearable.

I began to see white spots in front of my eyes.

My vision began to blur as I dug my nails in deeper, blood leaking from the cuts there.

My mind was completely clouded over with pictures and memories which wouldn't go away.

I knocked my head against the wall behind me.

And then again.

Again.

Again.

Faster and faster.

The pain coming from the back of my head spread quickly through my head.

Soon, I felt the comfort of unconsciousness sweep over me, only then was it that realised I had been screaming, out of earshot of anybody else.

My hands still tightly gripping my hair, I faded away and slouched, my eyes closed and my mind blank.

I woke up cold and confused. I sat up and rubbed my head, the back of it felt a little sticky, I must have been bleeding.

My arms hurt like a bitch, and I had no recollection of the past... however long I'd been here.

Only one thing made sense in my head. Only one person could have put me here. I pulled out my phone, and typed Dan's number.