Impressions.

Sewickley, Pennsylvania

After taking a shower I went through the small bag that had some of my clothes. My lips twisted into a frown. I had nothing cute to wear. Well, it wasn't like I normally tried to impress people. Every now and then I got a job that required a subtle touch. Those were my favorites. Fancy drinks, better food, and I got to kill a baddie. Just every girl's dream, right? Of course I knew it wasn't. While other girls were off planning their weddings, meeting boys, and other such stuff; I was hiding in shadows killing things they wouldn't dare to dream of. I had some time before Dean came by, if he came by. I tossed on a pair of jeans and a shirt. I grabbed my keys and headed out to my bike. I got on and pulled the helmet over my head and drove into town. I found a little just inside the main part of town. The bike parked nearby as I took the helmet off and went inside. The few people in there looked at me with a look of shock. Tattered jeans and an old, worn shirt. My hair was a mess from the helmet. One of the girls walked over to me. Her eyes looks me over with slight disgust.

"Is there something I can help you with?" she asked in a condescending manner.

My teeth grit together. I wanted so badly to punch her in that stupid little face of hers. Instead I smiled with a slight sigh.

"I just flew out here to meet an old friend. They lost my luggage and I need a few new outfits. She leant me these, but, ugh, just look at them."

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that. Come on let's get you something nicer to wear."

I followed her through the store as she grabbed clothes. She hung them in the dressing room and told me to call if I needed any help. I tried on a few of the outfits. I liked on of the dresses she picked out. The rest weren't too bad. I left one or two of the outfits in the dressing room and walked out.

"I'll take these. Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver," I said.

My lip sneered as I turned away from her. This wasn't exactly New York. Fashion wasn't that big out here. I don't get why she acted so rude toward me. Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to put a little more effort into my appearance outside of jobs. I tucked the bag of new clothes into a backpack and got on my bike. I headed back to the motel. My bike stopped in front of the room I was staying in. The seat lifted as I pulled a box from under the seat. I let the seat fall and shut as I walked toward the door. The key slid into the door as it unlocked. My hand turned the doorknob as I walked inside. The door shut behind me as I set the box down on the table. I pulled the bag of new clothes out of the bag. My hands held the dress for a moment. I walked into the bathroom and pulled my normal clothes off. The dress slid over my figure, I pulled the price tag from the cloth. I stayed in the bathroom staring at myself. It didn't look like me. Not my daily self. My hand straightened the dress before I tended to the mess that was my hair. By the time I was done getting ready I looked completely different from my day to day appearance. I grabbed the cheap, brown bucket and walked out of the room to fill it with ice. On the way there I had noticed the impala had returned the parking lot. Dean probably was not going to join me for that drink after all. This was all Crowley's fault. Sending me on this bullshit mission was his doing. But I would be sure to make him pay for this. I took the ice back to my room. At least I could enjoy my whiskey and maybe catch a good movie, if one was one the small selection of channels. I opened the door to my room, set the ice on the table, and opened the box housing the whiskey. I dropped some ice into one of the plastic cups left in the room by the toiletries. I cracked the bottle open, poured the liquid into the cup and sat on the single bed in the room. I grabbed the remote and flipped through the channels. Just when I thought nothing good was on The Untouchables was on one of the last channels. And it had just started. I eagerly took a sip of my drink. Aside from the movie The Professional this was one of my favorites. A knocking sound came from the door. I set down my drink and headed toward the door. Sam was standing there.