Finding Family.

New Castle, Indiana
7:31 am

I slept through the night.  I usually didn't use those powers that often so I was exhausted. It was early morning when I felt someone shaking my body.  With the return to consciousness followed the soreness from the day earlier. I didn't even bother to sit up.

"Come on, we're going to head out soon," Dean said.

"I can't move.  You'll have to go on without me," I replied.

"You're so dramatic."

"I hurt everywhere.  This is awful."

"Well, if you wanna take a shower get up.  Or we could save time if we showered together."

"Oh, I bet you'd like that," I said pushing myself away from the mattress.

Everything hurt.  Even muscles I didn't even know I had were in pain.  I rubbed my eyes while throwing the blankets off.  I rolled my neck a few times trying to ease the stiffness.  It took a few minutes but I finally stood up.  I grabbed the small bag and headed into the bathroom. Contusions had finally started to appear on my skin.  I looked rather colorful today.  Blues, blacks, and some purples speckled my skin.  I carefully pulled my clothes off and started the water. The warm water stung as it ran across the fresh wounds on my skin.  I danced between the flow of water and the edge of its reach.  Only until my body acclimated to the sting.  I didn't waste any unnecessary time in the shower because it was unpleasant.  I shut off the water and wrapped the towel around myself.  A sudden banging at the door startled me.

"What's taking so long, Princess?" Dean joked.

"I have been in here for maybe five minutes," I retorted.

"Longer than I take."

I muttered just loud enough for him to hear.  With a mocking tone I repeated his words.

"What's that?"

"Nothing."

"Don't make me come in there."

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it."

I pulled on my new clothes with some difficulty.  I dried off my hair.  My brush snagged on a few tangles.   I walked out of the bathroom. Dean was sitting on the bed watching the television.  I gave a courteous bow to him.

"The bathroom is all yours, your highness," I joked.

"Shut up."

I tossed my bag onto the empty bed as I sat down.  My hand rubbed my shoulder.  He stood up and headed toward the bathroom.  His eyes looked down at me.  I raised my stare, catching his.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Pretty sore, but I think I will make a full recovery."

"You didn't have to do that for us last night."

"You deserve nicer things.  And come on calling in one favor for some good food.  I don't call that doing too much."

"You overdid yourself.  You didn't even get to eat your food.  You just passed out," his voice sudden filled with concern.

"Hey, I'm fine.  I had a busy day yesterday.  It wasn't that big of a deal."

"Don't overdo yourself for us."

"You guys deserved it.  I mean you did me a huge favor yesterday.  And you didn't kill me.  Just enjoy the finer things.  It's my treat."

"No budge on this one?"