Runaways.

Chadron, Nebraska
12:41am

The door to the motel room burst open.  Dean stormed out of the room and grabbed Crowley by his shirt.  He pulled the demon close to his face.  A fist crashed into Crowley's face.  Dean repeated the process until Sam pulled him away.

"Dean," he said calmly.

"What did you do to her?" Dean demanded, "she was fine before you-"

"What are you doing meddling with her anyway?" Crowley shouted back.

"What are you two even doing?" Dean looked between the two.

Neither of them answered.  Dean stormed around in a circle.  He was beyond pissed at them.  He turned to Castiel and grabbed him by the shirt.

"What are you even doing with him?" Dean demanded in a harsher tone.

"It's just-it's only-" Castiel started.

In an instant they were gone.  Sam and Dean looked around.  Dean stormed to the car and got in.  Sam tried to ask where he was going but the car took off before he could ask. Dean didn't know where he was going.  Was he trying to find a place to drink?  Or did he just want to get away from that motel? He couldn't even figure out the answers for himself.  His hand slammed on the steering wheel.

"Hey lover boy," my voice rang in the silent car, "don't get too excited I'm not staying long."

"What's going on?" he asked immediately stopping the car, "your eyes, they were-"

"Black, yeah, I know."

"You seem different."

"Hey, you're pretty sharp.  Listen, I really can't stay long.  That's because I don't want to attract them to you."

"What's going on? What are you?"

"I'm a coping mechanism.  But Crowley," I said intertwining my hands and stretching my hands before me, "he doesn't really think things through."

"You're not ____ then?"  he asked.

"Very good," I clapped my hands together condescendingly.  My face scrunched slightly as though I mentally slapped myself, "I'm told that was rude of me.  I don't socialize much."

"Okay. I'm confused."

"I am what she calls her dark side.  Evil personified.  We get along though, trust me."

"You just told me you're evil.  And I'm supposed to trust you?"

My head tilted left to right as I groaned.  This was not getting through to him.  I sat up and looked over at him.  There was a familiar look in my eyes.  I couldn't switch over for very long.  Not with whatever Crowley had done.

"My head is killing me," I groaned.

"Which one are you?" Dean asked.

"One? Huh? Oh hey, I'm back again. She can be nice."

"She?"

"There's a reason I want to be cured, Dean.  When I didn't respond the way they wanted.  When they realized I was more human Crowley packed my things and sent me off to Purgatory."

"Purgatory?" he asked.

"Trust me it's nothing like the brochures say.  I couldn't handle it.  Not even two minutes into being there all sorts of monsters swarmed me.  I ran, and ran, until I find a place to hide.  Then I heard it, her," I explained intertwining my hands together, "I wouldn't have made it long on my own.  She offered to take over.  That feeling I pushed so deep down, that thing I had feared.  It wanted to protect me.  And it was like I was asleep for six years."