My Way Home.

Purgatory
Two and a half years later

We had found the portal after much searching.  I'd be lying if I didn't put it off because I wanted to spend a little time with my father.  I could still fight.  I hadn't forgotten about the skills I learned myself.  And it wasn't so bad.  It helped me regain strength I thought I had lost when I lost the demon part of myself.  We had finally found the portal.  But some demons I had sent here heard about my little escape plan.  They ambushed us.  I had a knife that I stole from one of the first kills I had here.  One of the demons grabbed me and pressed a blade to my neck.  My father was fighting the others.

"After we kill him, it's your turn," they said eagerly, "and there's no coming back once you're dead."

"Yeah, I'm aware.  But see that portal behind you? That's my ticket out of this place and I'm not going to give up at the finish line."

The knife slipped into my hand.  My elbow knocked into the demon's side.  Their gripped loosened just enough for me to get out.  I turned and started for the portal. But my action only stunned the demon for a moment.  I felt hands shoving against my back.  My body hit the ground.  My head bounced off of a rock.  After a sudden flash of light a throbbing resonated my from forehead.  I turned over as the demon lowered to where I was.  With a swift movement I drove the blade through their throat.  My leg moved closer to my abdomen before launching away.  My foot hit them in the stomach. Their body flung backward.  I scrambled to my feet and ran to the portal.  I looked back as my father knocked the last demon down.  He ran up toward the portal.

"Be safe," he said wrapping his arms around me, "it was nice to see you again."

"It was nice to finally hear the truth.  Couldn't you come with me?"

"Humans only through there.  Plus I fit in better here. I can't imagine how much has changed out there."

"Well, if you ever change your mind or find a way out," I scribbled on a piece of paper, "that's my phone number.  Call me we could do Thanksgiving or something.  I don't know what families do."

"I'd love that.  And I will call if I leave here.  Now get out of here."

"Bye dad. Thanks for everything."

I hurried toward the portal.  My body stepped into the blue light.  I turned back with a smile.  My body was yanked away.  As if a rope was tied around my waist and somebody suddenly pulled really hard. Traveling between Purgatory and Earth was a blur.  I couldn't register any sensations about the process.  It happened so fast.  My body flung on the other side as I stumbled for a moment.  The world felt as though it was spinning. As soon as the sensation stopped it felt like a hand touched my shoulder I spun around, but no one was there.  My body, barely recovered from leaving Purgatory, was taken from the place I stood.  In a moment I was in a parking lot.  A voice simply said room 207.  I turned around still seeing nothing there.  But I swear I heard wings flapping.  I must have been in Purgatory too long.  I was convinced I had completely lost my mind.  But I went to that room anyway.

Troutdale, Oregon
Two and a half years later

I listened to the disembodied voice telling me a room number.  I don't know what, or who, knew I was back.  But as soon as I saw that black Impala I knew why I was here.  I stumbled to the door.  My hand hesitated before knocking.  I could hear the voices inside becoming hushed.  The door swung open.  There stood Dean the gun aimed at me immediately lowered.  His mouth gaped open.  I was in shock I just stared at him for a moment.

"____?" he asked.

"Dean?" I  responded.

"Is...is it really you?"