Beauty In The Breakdown

Lebanon, Kansas
Eight days later

A nurse came in preparing my discharge paperwork. They removed everything I had been hooked into for over a week. I sat up and gave a long stretch. Dean had brought me a change of clothes the night before. I hurried into the bathroom and shut the door. The change of clothes felt great. I walked out when Dean was coming into the room.

"Hey, you ready to head out?" he asked.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"You feeling alright?"

"Yeah," I smiled, "just tired. I don't know how I feel so exhausted, but I do."

"Well, you're going to take some time off from hunting."

"Yeah that would be smart."

"You're not going to argue?"

"No, you're right, Dean. I'd just be a liability for you guys," I sighed.

"You sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine, Dean. I promise."

He watched as I gathered the few belongings I had. I looked around the room. It was going to be nice to finally be out of here. We walked out of the room. Dean explained that Sam was researching for a case. I nodded and followed Dean to the car. We drove back to the bunker with broken, awkward conversation between silence. My eyes stared out the window. We stopped outside the bunker. Dean shut the car off and looked at me.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Nothing, why?"

"You're not acting like you. Are you alright?"

"I think I'm fine. Just finally processing everything with a clear head," I replied.

"Oh."

"Its just a lot to go through, Dean. I don't think I am upset with you."

I got out of the car, leaving Dean behind while I walked inside. Sam was researching in the library when I got down the stairs. He stood up and walked over to me. He pulled me in for a hug. I groaned not returning the motion.

"What's up, grumpy?" Sam joked.

"I am just tired. I'm going to go lay down for a bit."

"Okay."

I walked past him and headed down the hall. The door to my room opened. I threw my things on the dresser. My body snuck under the covers. I curled up under the blanket. My eyes closed as I eventually fell asleep.

"Where's ____?" Sam asked with food in his hands.

"Where do you think?" Dean snapped.

"How long has it been?"

"Oh, about a month. But she did come out to get a glass of water today. So there's that."

"Have you tried talking to her?"

"No, Sam, I'm content listening to her cry every night. And then ignore me when I try to knock on her door. She doesn't even answer."

"What's she upset about?"

"She won't tell me. Maybe she really blames me."

"Dean, I got it. I know what we can do," Sam practically jumped up and down.

"What?"

"Come on."

"Are you going to tell me what you're thinking?" Dean asked.